Looking foir a new Range Bag

I need a new range bag to teach the NRA pistol classes. The bag I am currently using is a Duluth Trading Post electricians bag with a ton of pockets, but none of them zipper closed. I have been checking around and I really like the Midway Competition Bag, it is a large and roomie bag for a decent price of 50.00 but the shipping is 25.00 dollars and that hurts. So I am open for suggestions, what do you use and would you buy it again, or go bigger or smaller.
Thanks in advance for the help
Mark

Years ago a bought a nice canvas bug-out type bag from CTD that's an excellent range bag. Unfortunately I won't give them one more penny. I'm sure you can find one just like it elsewhere though. I actually just went to find you a link and it seems they don't sell them anymore.

How many guns, ammo, mags etc do you carry?

I had a big Midway Range bag and loaded it up so much that it weighed a ton and I could never find everything in all of the pockets etc. I would tell you what I use now but we probably have very different needs since you teach and I just shoot for myself.

I have owned some pretty good range bags; my favorite was a Green Mountain. Eventually I discovered that I didn't really need a range bag. I now use tool bags and boxes I buy from Lowes. One advantage is that they are cheaper than dedicated range bags so I can have a bag for each gun/shooting discipline. I also think that a tool bag may present less temptation to a potential thief who might ID a gun bag behind the seat of my truck. No sense in letting Axel the Rottweiler chew up the local miscreants unless it is absolutely necessary.

That is a very good point.

I have owned some pretty good range bags; my favorite was a Green Mountain. Eventually I discovered that I didn't really need a range bag. I now use tool bags and boxes I buy from Lowes. One advantage is that they are cheaper than dedicated range bags so I can have a bag for each gun/shooting discipline. I also think that a tool bag may present less temptation to a potential thief who might ID a gun bag behind the seat of my truck. No sense in letting Axel the Rottweiler chew up the local miscreants unless it is absolutely necessary.

I've been beating up on one of Bagmaster's large padded range bag for at least 15 years now. So far, the only thing that's broken is one of the leather zipper pulls. That one should have been 550 cord anyway.

The downside is, they ain't cheap.

Back
Top Bottom