• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Longest firing pin?

I have another silly idea brewing and it will require a long firing pin...what's the longest reasonably available firing pin you are aware of? I'll pay a bit for an oddball that would work, but if it is for an 1834 Obscura Unobtanium and will take me 5 years to track one down...not so helpful. :)

Looking for 5 to 6 inches in length. If nonesuch exists, I can always cobble two smaller ones together, but would prefer one long one.

Sniper wins - the Mauser is an excellent length and hopefully will be back in stock soon, shouldn't be too hard to find elsewhere if Numrich doesn't get more in the near future. Thanks guys!!

Looking for 5 to 6 inches in length. If nonesuch exists, I can always cobble two smaller ones together, but would prefer one long one.

[laugh]

Sorry. I've been resisting since you first posted this, but I can no longer.

That's what she said! and/or sounds like a craigslist ad [laugh]

Serbu BFG 50A, a bit over 7 13/16"

The trick to getting one will be convincing Mark Serbu you are working on a cool project.

Don't know what your intended purpose is, but you could always take any firing pin that has the specific "look" you are after, and have a machinist duplicate the design in a larger scale.

Her husband stands head and shoulders over me and probably has at least 30lbs on me. Then there's the Operator Beard and the Ma Deuce. He scares me a little [laugh]

Good of you to think that. I'd say 40+ ponds. You should also be careful of my wife and the dog. [wink] They work well as a team.

P9110045.jpg

163398036_photobucket_51633_.jpg

Acme.Armament said:
Good of you to think that. I'd say 40+ ponds. You should also be careful of my wife and the dog. [wink] They work well as a team.

Always fear the wife and dog, I stand over 6'3 about 300 pounds.
My wife on the other hand is a 5'3 angry Italian woman versed in the art of kung fu.
I would feel sorry for the poor bastard that came at her. Her and my nana are the only two women I have met that can strike the fear of god in me.
My dogs although intimidating are more like pinky and the brain, maybe I just need to train them to operate a belt fed machine gun.

Always fear the wife and dog, I stand over 6'3 about 300 pounds.
My wife on the other hand is a 5'3 angry Italian woman versed in the art of kung fu.
I would feel sorry for the poor bastard that came at her. Her and my nana are the only two women I have met that can strike the fear of god in me.
My dogs although intimidating are more like pinky and the brain, maybe I just need to train them to operate a belt fed machine gun.

That's the real key! You have to have the "tactical German Shepherd", then you have it all covered.[laugh]

Nicole, on the Mauser/1903 Springfield, etc the the firing pin 'striker' is relatively short...1.5" to 2". Are you looking for a 'one piece' unit or and assembly? The assembly of the cocking piece, spring and striker is about 6".
I'd have to check but, the HK91 pin is 3" maybe 4" long if I recall.

I would need to confirm my guesstimates...

As promised: why I was asking this question.

You know how they have "hair sticks" for girls for when they want to put their hair up in bun sort of thing? Well it was hot in my office 2 weeks ago and I was resorting to using pens because I had no hair sticks in my desk. And I thought, why buy a boring plastic stick when it could be something really cool?

So I give you, the Mauser K98 firing pin hair stick. I predict it will be the hot new fashion trend for booth babes at SHOT Show 2013.

P5250012.jpg

P5250010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom