• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Long wait for LTC

Hi all I am new here. I have a question to ask. I applied for my LTC A back on March 26 and was told it would be right around 70 days for an answer. Today makes day 71. I am wondering would it be better to just sit back and wait longer or should I make a phone call to see what point my application is at ?

My main concern in the long wait is that back in Febuary a long time friend of mine passed away and I inherited his firearms 2 pistols, 2 shotguns and a rifle. All of which are currently sitting at the police department. He lived alone and passed away in his sleep. My wife found him dead in his bed after being asked to go check on him. So the police had to investigate and in doing so found his weapons and removed them from his house. I am hoping that when my permit finally gets issued the firearms will still at the police station waiting for me to pick them up.
Any input on this situation would be greatly appreciated

I would call but it seems you're still within the average wait time period. My wife just got hers at the 11 week mark.

Since you're new, I'll point you in the proper direction. This topic has been beaten to death, after death, and after it became a zombie and was killed again here:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/55764-How-long-did-your-LTC-A-take-in-your-town

Just as a point of reference: It took 5.5 weeks before I even got called in to get printed and processed and its been 2 weeks since that date today. I was told at the time of processing not to expect a call for at least 30 days. I expect to hear back in 3-4 more weeks, minimum.

I'd call your PD about the guns. Sometimes they send em to be melted down, or to officer's personal collections. If you know anyone with the proper licences, perhaps they could take possession of them in the meantime. At the very least I would try to determine the intentions of the PD. Ask if there is a limit to how long they will hold them.

As far as LTC, yes it's been discussed as nauseum and it can take a while.

Hopefully the guns weren't transferred to a bonded warehouse for storage. If so, the "storage" fees will surely exceed the value of the guns. You'll give up, and they'll sell them for a nice profit.

Good luck on your LTC. Yeah, you've been waiting for awhile, but not TOO long (yet).

what town? millbury had my LTC done in about 45 days total turn around time. Same for my roommate. who just got hers last month.

Cannot the guns be transferred to a licensed friend? You know, just until, so they don't get lost or thrashed about. I remember this being done when I worked at a gunshop years ago, we could retrieve the guns from the police and log them onto our books. I seem to remember this happening a lot with guys that had restraining orders against them by their wives. They lost their LTCs and this offered a solution. I think I'm remembering this right, it's been a while.

Finally GOT IT exactly 75 days from application. Had decided to wait till day 80 for a call just to give a little leway as not to tick anyone off. Only thing is it is restricted to sporting but was told on application my city does not issue unrestricted permits period.

Hi all I am new here. I have a question to ask. I applied for my LTC A back on March 26 and was told it would be right around 70 days for an answer. Today makes day 71. I am wondering would it be better to just sit back and wait longer or should I make a phone call to see what point my application is at ?

My main concern in the long wait is that back in Febuary a long time friend of mine passed away and I inherited his firearms 2 pistols, 2 shotguns and a rifle. All of which are currently sitting at the police department. He lived alone and passed away in his sleep. My wife found him dead in his bed after being asked to go check on him. So the police had to investigate and in doing so found his weapons and removed them from his house. I am hoping that when my permit finally gets issued the firearms will still at the police station waiting for me to pick them up.
Any input on this situation would be greatly appreciated

​Find someone who is licensed and GET THEM OUT OF THERE!!

Back
Top Bottom