• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Long term storage (until next rainge visit)

I've read that it is no good to store firearms in a foam lined case because the foam will hold moisture. How about in a Pelican Case with a gasket around the lid with desiccant inside? The desiccant should stop the moisture from staying in the foam. Of course, they will be taken out for the next range visit.

41NVKf-iRRL.jpg

41nP0-vJBFL.jpg

Any input? Thanks

Last edited:
I would agree that a foam lined cased will cause rust. I used to keep my M91/30 in a foam lined aluminum case, and the bolt would get a light layer of surface rust (came off with a rub of steel wool).

Try a zippered soft case and spray it with waterproofing spray.

you will have no problem with storing it in a pelican they dont trap in moisture like the cheap cases i keep my sig p226 in a pelican 1170 case never had a problem i just wipe it down with rem wipes once in a while.

When i lived in an apartment I had no option for a safe. Stored my long guns in a pelican for years with no problem by placing them in a Bore Store first.

I wrap my gun in some VCI paper before putting it in a case for long periods of time. Haven't had any rust at all.

Back
Top Bottom