Long-Range High-Speed Non-Precious Metal Delivery *Updated*

Here is my completed project, a Remington 700 Police Light Tactical Rifle (LTR). It has Badger Ordnance tactical bolt knob (added by GA Precision), Badger Ordnance 0 Cant SA base, Badger Ordnance Maximized rings (medium height), Mounting Solutions anti-cant device, Harris S-BRM bipod, and Butler Creek scope caps (#19 Eye, #43 Objective). The scope is an IOR Valdada 4-14x50 Tactical Illuminated 30mm with side focus.

ltr1.jpg

ltr2.jpg

ltr3.jpg

My Springfield Armory SOCOM II felt left out, plus I wanted to include it for sizing purposes. While the Remington LTR has a 20" barrel, and the SOCOM II has a 16" barrel, the two rifles are pretty much the same size. The SOCOM II has a ton more weight though, even with the much smaller scope (though the scope is a 35mm tube instead of 30mm, so the smaller objective isn't nearly as noticeable as one would think).

ltr4.jpg

ltr5.jpg

ltr6.jpg

*UPDATE*
Well, I got to the range today, really nice day but very windy. Went out with 168gr Federal Gold Match ammo, and gave it my best shot. Remember, this is first time shooting this rifle, this is my first bolt action rifle, and I am a terrible shot. But I was blown away, this rifle is extremely forgiving, and even a shooter as bad as myself was able to pull of some very nice groups. Moreover, even when I didn't do my part, and ended up flinching or pulling trigger too fast, the groups were still 2" max. The rifle, out of box, does sub-moa groups even for an untrained shooter like myself.

Here are two shots of some targets:

ltr7.jpg

100 yards, this was right after I got it zeroed in. I was definitely not used to having a trigger that went off so sharply (used to military M1A trigger). Still, not bad considering.

ltr8.jpg

100 yards again, this was my best group (where I didn't try to add one more and therefore ruin target!). Group is high because this occurred somewhere around round count 33 perhaps, so the barrel was a little warmed up. Consistent though, and I also happily noticed that it goes straight up due to heat, not up and to right like other rifles I have seen.

All in all, the rifle shot extremely well. I went through 40 rounds, no problems with feeding or extraction. In fact, I was surprised, I didn't think it would launch the cases out as fast and strong even when I worked the bolt slowly, I ended having to pick up most rounds as they went flying off bench. The trigger is a little heavy but breaks extremely well, I haven't yet tried to adjust it. The rifle is much more accurate than I am, several times I got hourglass shapes as two holes landed next to each other (sometimes practically right on top of each other) and I know that if I do my part this rifle can put them all in the same place. The rifle can easily shoot SUB-MOA groups. I need to work on my trigger control and breathing... Which is hard to do cause firing this thing gets me excited!

*UPDATE*
Well, I adjusted the trigger and lowered the weight a bit last night, it was very easy to do, there are 3 screws that can be changed. Went to range today, it was a beautiful day, and the rifle shot even better than before. I had unfortunately messed up my zero while attempting to zero the scope's dials, and was off when I started. The dials can be zeroed if you loosen some screws and then hold the turret while moving the tick marks on the face, which is tricky to do with 2 hands. Once I got things where I wanted them, I got the 4 shot group at 100 yards in the picture below. I was laughing like a loon at the bench watching the hole get bigger, other people were looking at me weird. Great day, great rifle.

ltr9.jpg

Last edited:
There's more than a couple of us on this forum all going for the same exact rifles. [rofl]

Yay

This rifle keeps getting more accurate, especially after I reduced the factory trigger. You can read about it in the main post.

Back
Top Bottom