Long range clubs in mass

I'm looking for a place that has some space to stretch my legs. Comming from the south I feel a little cramped at 200 yards. Is there any clubs that offer 500 yards or so in Mass?

New Bedford Rifle Range goes out to 500 yards. No club BS as it is run by the city. Basic rules, show up and go over rules with the head rangemaster, sign form agreeing that you understand them, go shoot and your card will be ready when you are done. $60/year for non-residents, $40 for residents. Sorry to hear you are moving to MA.

Thanks guys. I'll look into both, but New Bedford seems like a winner. Especially for $40 a year! Acme, I've been here for a while now. It's different for sure, but I have no intention of scampering off to NH like I hear a lot of people talking about. Strength in numbers is the surest bet.

Don't know new Bedford. I can say that reading offers a lot to everyone from trap,skeet,small bore and lots of talent in the high power area.

Chicopee Sportsman's club goes out to 300 yards, with a nice overhead cover if you're moving to the western Mass.

Using Forum Runner. Please excuse spelling errors, formatting, and absent links.

Thanks for the link Perry. I actually found that after I posted my question, DOH! That thread did raise another one though. How does it work at Devens? Spring-December is clear enough, but is it a shared range or what? I contacted New Bedford this afternoon and sounds like it could be a winner, especially with the cost. I'm in the Grafton area and a member at HSA, and have no intention of leaving . Devens and New Bedford aren't exactly close but I'm willing to travel and with NB being affordable I can easily keep active memberships at both. Anyone know what the yearly dues are at Devens?

I thirst for some unknown distance shooting on this coast, but it just isn't going to happen unless I can weasel leads on private shooting spots from our NH members.

I've been trying to figure out how to shoot on Ft. Devons, but none of the leads I've had panned out so far.

They shoot @ 600yds 1 Tuesday morning each month at Fort Devens - usually April-Dec (if it's not raining)
Dues $20
they said they might have some weekend fun matches next year

Reading is the longest in MA @ 600yards.

I've heard lots of things about Devens, but I've never been able to get someone to confirm that they've shot there in the last 5 or 6 years....only that they used to be able to.

I wish we had a 1k KD range closer than Albany County NY (Forbes)

New Bedford Rifle Range goes out to 500 yards. No club BS as it is run by the city. Basic rules, show up and go over rules with the head rangemaster, sign form agreeing that you understand them, go shoot and your card will be ready when you are done. $60/year for non-residents, $40 for residents. Sorry to hear you are moving to MA.

+1 on New Bedford. Really cool folks down there too. My avatar pic is taken there, btw.

They shoot @ 600yds 1 Tuesday morning each month at Fort Devens - usually April-Dec (if it's not raining)
Dues $20
they said they might have some weekend fun matches next year

Do you know if the 1000 ever gets used?

Would you be willing to PM me some contact information?

The hotel range goes out to 1000 m. It's the same one we shoot 600 on. Last year, I do remember seeing civilians using the range, don't remember where they were from though.
Has anyone tried to contact sully or tom at range control?

I'm a member at New Bedford and would say their only downfall is the hours cause with my work schedule I can only go on Sundays or Wednesday nights. They're open till like 3-4 everyday except Wednesday they stay open till 8pm. Other then that you can't go wrong usually not too crowded either.

Back
Top Bottom