• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

long gun safe

MALDENQB02

NES Member
I think its time to step my game up and start looking into some long guns to add to my collection. as of now, I only have my AR that I keep in a plano case locked under the bed. before I buy anymore I need to buy a bigger gun safe. I have 2 small safes that fit one or two hand guns each and a medium sized safe that can hold maye 8-10 pistols.

I never really researched buying a bigger safe but I figure I consult the experts here at NES. I want one that can store all my pistols and maybe 10 long guns.

I definitly want a combo lock.

where can I shop and how much should I plan to spend on a good safe? Thanks.

I think its time to step my game up and start looking into some long guns to add to my collection. as of now, I only have my AR that I keep in a plano case locked under the bed. before I buy anymore I need to buy a bigger gun safe. I have 2 small safes that fit one or two hand guns each and a medium sized safe that can hold maye 8-10 pistols.

I never really researched buying a bigger safe but I figure I consult the experts here at NES. I want one that can store all my pistols and maybe 10 long guns.

Believe it or not.....tractor supply stores runs some good sales on gun safes from time to time. Their selection is limited to maybe 4 or 5 models but if you are not planning on having the safe in your living room (they are not the "pretty" models) you'll be surprised what you get. My advice is get a "safe" not a "storage container". There is a big difference in quality.....an actual safe costs much more but well worth it.

Believe it or not.....tractor supply stores runs some good sales on gun safes from time to time. Their selection is limited to maybe 4 or 5 models but if you are not planning on having the safe in your living room (they are not the "pretty" models) you'll be surprised what you get. My advice is get a "safe" not a "storage container". There is a big difference in quality.....an actual safe costs much more but well worth it.

Thanks, it took me about 5 minutes to read because of your jiggly avatar... awesome.

I bought this one. Got it on sale for $332. So, wait for the sale. Heavy steel, heavier that any other simple cabinet I've ever seen. Think it weighs about 150 lbs. Bolted it to the floor and wall. Will keep a thief out for a little bit of time. It can hold a lot of guns, and makes my tiny collection look even tinier. Plenty of room to grow.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stack-On...binet-GCDG-9216-DS/100660120?N=5yc1vZc2gzZ1pb

After Thanksgiving is when Tractor supply has their best sale. The bigger safe last year was the Cannon and the other was the Winchester 24. The Winchester 24 is the same size or bigger than the Field and stream 32 from Dicks.

I think this was the cannon on sale last year for $699? http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/cannon-ts6040dlx-wide-body-safe-48-gun-capacity

The winchester was $549 I think. http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/winchesterreg;-gun-safe-24-gun-capacity

If you do a search here, there are some threads from last Thanksgiving with the prices and comments.

Buy some led Christmas lights after Christmas for $3 and put them around where the front meets the sides and top (on the inside of the safe obviously) and you have really nice lighting for basically nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Recoil + yoga pants = happiness

I pause and stare every time I see your Avatar. I love it. I love yoga pants in general (as long as the girl should be wearing them)

Costco just had a nice one for sale. Web only pricing. I got mine delivered with free shipping.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Actually Black Friday is the Best Day,Picked up my safe for cheap money on Black Friday,Saved close to $400 bucks,also they're no Tax for Gun Safe's in MA.....

Back
Top Bottom