Long gun case storage/organization

Hey all, looking to tap the NES braintrust for some ideas on how to store and organize my rifle cases.

I have a mix of cases of various lengths, some hard-sided and some soft-sided. I'd like to be able to store them against the wall vertically so they take up as little floor space as possible, while being able to take any one of them out without having to do a bunch of shuffling around. I'd also like it to have some sort of retention so the cases can't fall out.

Any ideas? I was thinking of mounting some shelf brackets on the wall, then using a bungee cord to hold the cases in place, but I'm not sure how well that would actually work.

We have a pull-down ladder that provides access to our attic. I put 3/4" plywood over the joists, so we have full flooring in the entire attic. I added a light as well. We stack our gun cases just beyond the top of the pull-down ladder, so we can just reach into the attic and grab them as needed. With the ladder folded up into the trap door, they are completely hidden. Casual visitors to our home will find no evidence of firearms ownership whatsoever. We keep the guns in safes that are locked in the master bedroom walk-in closet, completely out of sight. In our crazy liberal society, it serves no purpose to advertise the fact that you own guns.

old school here, I toss mine in a closet. been working for me coming on 50 years.

Unfortunately I live in a house with extremely limited closet space so that's not really an option for me, hence the need for another solution.

Karma them,That’s what I did,Ihate parting with original cases and box’s, But saved me a lotta room and stuff I was never gonna use....

Hey all, looking to tap the NES braintrust for some ideas on how to store and organize my rifle cases.

I have a mix of cases of various lengths, some hard-sided and some soft-sided. I'd like to be able to store them against the wall vertically so they take up as little floor space as possible, while being able to take any one of them out without having to do a bunch of shuffling around. I'd also like it to have some sort of retention so the cases can't fall out.

Any ideas? I was thinking of mounting some shelf brackets on the wall, then using a bungee cord to hold the cases in place, but I'm not sure how well that would actually work.
This my conundrum as well... I’ve been looking at the Pelican 1740....

Unfortunately I live in a house with extremely limited closet space so that's not really an option for me, hence the need for another solution.
lol, you come over to my house you'll have to work some just to sit down. i got cases on the couch, some leaning in a corner by the kitchen...oh, how about the 3 under the dining room table...and don't open the coat closet at the front door looking for a spot for that jacket...you ain't got a problem, just a good thing, a whole lotta firearms. think positive! did i mention i live alone? [laugh]

Don't know if this would be of any help to you, but this is how I store my extra guitar cases...with these adjustable metal shelving units:

full

Frank

You mention utilizing wall space, could you get a bookcase with removable shelves (that fits your storage location) and stack the hard cases on end vertically? Then you can hang the soft cases from hooks on the left and right sides as long as the sides are not against walls.

You mention utilizing wall space, could you get a bookcase with removable shelves (that fits your storage location) and stack the hard cases on end vertically? Then you can hang the soft cases from hooks on the left and right sides as long as the sides are not against walls.

Hmm, that's a good thought, then I could just put something across the front to keep them from falling out.

Also, holy crap that's a lot of guitar cases!

Back
Top Bottom