Long day with my CZ75 SP01

The last 24 hours with my CZ SP01 have been a learning experience. I wasnt crazy of the trigger weight and pull on my CZ. So I bought a cajun gun works pro trigger kit for just under $300. I read guide after guide on how to take these damn things down and finally did the trigger job. After the trigger job, my SA trigger pull is about 3.25 pounds, while my DA pull is just under 8lbs. It shoots like a dream. Here are some pictures of the parts and the process.

I will say that schmecky from cajun gun works is one hell of a guy. I had 1 snag putting my safety levers back on. I sent him an email, he responded 2 minutes later, he had me call him, and i had the issue resolved less than 10 minutes after i sent him the email. Not bad at all!

IMAG0207.jpgIMAG0208.jpgIMAG0218.jpgIMAG0217.jpgIMAG0229.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a Shadow from CZ Custom in AZ with a similar trigger. Love the gun but it can be finicky with certain primers and the hammer spring is the key. I am now using an 11 lb hammer spring which is 100% reliable with WW primers and has about a 3% failure to ignite with Tula and Wolf primers which I ahve been using for practice. I have also tried the 8.5 lb hammer spring which yields the lightest trigger pull (I haven't measured) but is reliable only with Federal primers. If you are willing to use Federal primers only, you can probably reduce your DA pull a little more. I haven't gone that route because I don't have a supply of Federal primers, but I am tempted.

Sexy handgun. That's all.
Yes it is and thank you!

Did you smooth the action while you had it apart?

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.0

If not it could be project #2.

Gotta love the SP01, its my favorite gun I own.

Yeah, everything was smoothed. In was careful not to remove any of the machining marks, all I did was smooth it out. Take a look at the trigger bar and seer, the pictures don't do justice to how shiny it is.

I bought a Shadow from CZ Custom in AZ with a similar trigger. Love the gun but it can be finicky with certain primers and the hammer spring is the key. I am now using an 11 lb hammer spring which is 100% reliable with WW primers and has about a 3% failure to ignite with Tula and Wolf primers which I ahve been using for practice. I have also tried the 8.5 lb hammer spring which yields the lightest trigger pull (I haven't measured) but is reliable only with Federal primers. If you are willing to use Federal primers only, you can probably reduce your DA pull a little more. I haven't gone that route because I don't have a supply of Federal primers, but I am tempted.

I ordered the extended firing pin to be sure that it goes bang with the reduced springs. I have been researching this for a while so I was prepared.

The weight and insanely low bore axis make the SP-01 one of my favorites too.
such an awesome handgun. Also impresssive how clean the rails stay during shooting...something with their inverted slide design keeps he gun cleaner during operation.
i have been eyeing the CZ-97 lately too but probably will talk myself out of it.

Try hard to keep from talking yourself out of it. It is probably one of my favorite .45's I own and I am partial to 1911's

No ma compliant right

"MA compliant" has zero to do with if you can own it or not....I'm not going to derail the OPs thread any further but instead suggest that you spend a little time in the MA Firearms Law forum here on the site. You're doing yourself an injustice if you don't

There's no law that says you can't own one in MA.

Did you put the SRT in while everything was apart?

Yeah, the short reset trigger made a huge difference. Without a doubt, this is one of the most amazing triggers I have ever used. The best was on a colt 1911 but this is second or third.

just in case you haven't been to the enoverse I dug up the link to this thread...great info there.

I haven't monkey'd with the springs except for the recoil spring but I did have the SRT put in my Shadow Target, such a nice trigger. smooth DA pull, almost zero reset travel, crisp SA. it's damn near the perfect USPSA Production division gun! A buddy has a lighter pull but his gun can be finicky with primers; I'll keep my trigger the way it is to not have to whore myself out for Federal primers to get reliability [wink]

"MA compliant" has zero to do with if you can own it or not....I'm not going to derail the OPs thread any further but instead suggest that you spend a little time in the MA Firearms Law forum here on the site. You're doing yourself an injustice if you don't

This.

Also showing off my Tanfoglio copy just because.

37a46f0d8839b803b6e73e3f23e9e356.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Might put the wood grips back on for the looks, but these Hogue's glue it to your hand.

This.

Also showing off my Tanfoglio copy just because.

37a46f0d8839b803b6e73e3f23e9e356.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Might put the wood grips back on for the looks, but these Hogue's glue it to your hand.

Hogue grips are nice, but I find then to have to much girth. They do stick like glue, they just feel awkward. The most comfortable grips are the stock rubber ones, but my current grips are a great compromise between thin and comfort.

That's a slick tanfoglio. What type of a hammer is that?

Last edited:
Yes it is and thank you!

Yeah, everything was smoothed. In was careful not to remove any of the machining marks, all I did was smooth it out. Take a look at the trigger bar and seer, the pictures don't do justice to how shiny it is.

I ordered the extended firing pin to be sure that it goes bang with the reduced springs. I have been researching this for a while so I was prepared.

I also have the extended firing pin. This will not guarantee ignition of primers other than Federal with the 8.5 lb hammer spring, at least not in my gun. Another reliability problem I have encountered is the firing pin spring. I have had one fail within 5000 rounds. The spring collapses with use and no longer reliably extends the firing pin far enough out of the slide for the hammer to hit it. The result is erratic ignition. A quick fix is to remove the spring and stretch it manually. The real solution is a new spring; I keep spares on hand.

CZs are not underrated, except perhaps in the USA. The Shadow and its expensive Swiss clone, the Sphinx dominate IPSC Production Division world wide. USPSA rules, followed only in the US, allow for larger guns (five in barrel and slide) and dictate lower mag capacity (ten rounds US vs 15 rounds in the rest of the world). These rule changes have made quite a few guns competitive in the US which would not be legal in international competition.

PS I had the SRT trigger installed in mt Shadow and find it to be basically useless. All this trigger does is reduce take up on the first shot. Big deal. After I break my first shot I only release the trigger far enough for the disconnector to reset, so take up is not a problem.

Hogue grips are nice, but I find then to have to much girth. They do stick like glue, they just feel awkward. The most comfortable grips are the stock rubber ones, but my current grips are a great compromise between thin and comfort.

That's a slick tanfoglio. What type of a hammer is that?
Here is another choice of a comfort/grip compromise on a TZ. These are off my Custom Target and with grip tape on the backstrap I think these would be perfect. (And for the adventurous they come in colors too! From CZ Custom)

Also ColdDay, How did you get the trigger pull down? Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom