• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lonewolf compact frame

I don't have a compact, but I have a few of the full size. I like them so far - seem to be decent quality to me. I paired them with Lonewolf top ends and they took a few rounds to break in but after that initial break in they run fine, now.

i briefly had a compact frame but didn't like the way it fit my hand so got rid of it. at that time the build quality looked fine. more recently there have been some frames from LWD that are out of spec and do not fit slides/uppers correctly. this is not just speculation or conjecture. i have seen the issues myself.

personally if i were in the market I would want to speak with someone from from LWD before purchasing, both to be reassured that the have solved the issues and to be certain that if the frame is out of spec they will either replace or refund.

in the past I have spoken with LWD CS twice and both times they were easy to reach and helpful via phone.

I have a Lonewolf Compact frame and absolutely love it. Quality is excellent (mine is anyway). It's mated to an OEM Gen3/19 slide. Trigger is awesome and I ran through 300 flawless rounds with the configuration.

Thanks for all the reply's,
Is the UAT trigger suitable for CC

I'm not sure I would trust the UAT for CC. It uses some very small set screws in its design to adjust takeup and overtravel and I don't think I would be comfortable with the possibility of those screws loosening or falling out and possibly tying up the trigger. It might be a remote possibility that this would happen, but I think it still exists.

I think I would rather use a stock Glock trigger for CC or, if aftermarket, one that functions similarly to a stock trigger.

I've been looking at these on the LWD site for a while now but they always seem to be out of stock. One of the things I'd be interested in knowing is not only how people like them but how long they've had them and a ballpark round count.

Not a high round count through mine yet - about 200 through one and about 350 through another. I am happy with them so far.

Right now Lonewolf is showing all frames in stock - compact and fullsize, both bare and built. If you want one, might not be a bad idea to pop on one now while they have them.

Just checked the site again for the frame built with UAT. The description says it's fully built but, then at the bottom it talks about needing a slim frame trigger housing and a locking block are needed. So, which is it? Does it come fully assembled and ready to slap your slide on and hit the range? Or, is it fully assembled except for those parts you need to order extra?

Just checked the site again for the frame built with UAT. The description says it's fully built but, then at the bottom it talks about needing a slim frame trigger housing and a locking block are needed. So, which is it? Does it come fully assembled and ready to slap your slide on and hit the range? Or, is it fully assembled except for those parts you need to order extra?

it should be gtg. Those are the only diffs between them and a standard Glock frame. It has to be noted since the standard g19/23 part will not fit.

The built ones come fully assembled and ready to go. The come assembled for 9mm but LW includes a .40 ejector if you are going to use a .40 top end.

I have a compact that I've had probably since early summer. I have huge mitts so the bigger beaver tail solves my slide bite problem. Some of my mags were tight when loaded but I just chalked it up to the slim frame design and went with it. I just had it stippled and added a magwell for it and now the third gen mags won't sit fully. The fourth gen one I have fits, though. I am going to test some of my friend's mags and see how it turns out. Either way I will be contacting LW and see what they say

Back
Top Bottom