• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Lone Survivor" movie 2013

Don't know if this has been posted before but one of the best books I have ever read, "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell is finally going to be made a movie. Peter Berg is slated to direct I hope it is as awesome as the book. Imdb says it should be started January 12' an released in 13'

Saw the movie as a "preview" last night. I don't think anyone was breathing in the theater for the last hour of the movie!

I started reading the book a while ago but other things side-tracked me, saw Marcus being interviewed on TV and unsure if the movie reflects everything that happened or if they embellished some (most movies don't track the books real well), but it was a riveting movie, that is for sure.

I read that it's being released in January.

I have been seeing the previews and can't wait for it to hit the theaters. Kimmel had Mark Wahlberg on a couple of nights ago showing clips and discussing the story also.

Saw the movie as a "preview" last night. I don't think anyone was breathing in the theater for the last hour of the movie!

I started reading the book a while ago but other things side-tracked me, saw Marcus being interviewed on TV and unsure if the movie reflects everything that happened or if they embellished some (most movies don't track the books real well), but it was a riveting movie, that is for sure.

I read that it's being released in January.

Apparently he and other SEALs were present the entire time as technical advisers, it is supposed to be true to real events.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Apparently he and other SEALs were present the entire time as technical advisers, it is supposed to be true to real events.

Mike

Then I have 2 technical problems with it.

1. He has target at 600+ yds in a spotting scope and is asked "can you take the shot", answer: "No"! All 4 weapons are AR15s, 2 with silencers on them. No sniper rifle?????? That would have been an easy shot (target was in the open) with proper equipment.

2. A number of times they fell off stone cliffs onto boulders below, falling on the rifles (all appear to be outfitted with AimPoints), rifles smashing into boulders, etc. POI not impacted whatsoever with all that damage??? From what a US Army Col. told me when I attended DCM (back in the late 1970s) training, it's pretty easy to bend the barrels enough to throw them off just by cinching up on the sling (not free floated barrels), so smashing on rocks seems to have a lot worse potential?

And marcus luttrell isn't marky mark. True to real events, not 100% fully accurate to every last detail.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom