LOL on Oklahoma Craigslist

I wonder where he shot it. If he nicked the exterior or something and the thing still works I could see buying it, but if it has a gaping hole in the screen I don't know why anyone would waste their time.

A nonfunctioning TV on fleabay gets around $150 plus shipping.

For parts? I know a common sight in low income housing is a functioning TV seated directly on top of a broken one, but I always thought that it broke after being placed there. [laugh]

For parts? I know a common sight in low income housing is a functioning TV seated directly on top of a broken one, but I always thought that it broke after being placed there. [laugh]

Yeah. I have a buddy who buys up broken LCD and plasma TVs and fixes 'em.

Its not that far fetched, although the price is unrealistic. If you are handy with electronics, you can have a situation where one component or a small board blows up, and when you try to find the part you find out that there are none around! Mitsubishi is famous for that one! So if you can find a used tv where there is a good chance the board is still good, you can save yourself the $1-2 K of buying a new TV. So you troll around on ebay and craigslist looking for your model tv going cheap!

Back
Top Bottom