Logan airport

I have read drgrant's guide to where we have wonderfully safe gun free zones. One of which being Logan airports property. The problem I have is for my work I go there regularly and one of the big reasons I started to carry Was for work I carry cash and we have had robberies in the past.

Now on the normal day no problem concealed means concealed and I follow that almost all the time. Except when I go to my son's school, I just don't want to have my name in the paper as the crazy guy with a gun when all I want to do is protect myself and my family but I digress. So sometimes when I go to the airport they have random searches setup and have been stopped and asked what my business was in he airport. They normally just let me pass when I state I am making a delivery but the way I understand it is once entering the airport you concent to a search. What if I get the rookie or someone not believing I a delivering pizza and wants to Pat me down.

Is there any case law on this? What would be the repercussions besides losing my license and probably thrown to the ground like a terrorist not someone trying to do the right thin and support my family?

IANAL, but you run the risk of being arrested because Logan is considered a "security zone."

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIV/Chapter90/Section61

No, the "security zone" is on the water...

MGL 90-61 said:
...there is hereby created a security zone bordering the General Edward Lawrence Logan Airport that shall include the area between the mean high water line of said airport and a line measured 500 feet seaward of and parallel to said mean high water line from Wood Island Basin to the easterly end of Jeffries Cove as shown on a plan entitled “Plan of General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport Security Zone” prepared by Massachusetts Port Authority Capital Programs Department, April 2002.

Possession "on the airport" is controlled by 740 CMR 30.04

The penalty for violation of the CMR is a civil fine.

Does the security zone include the entire airport, or just beyond the TSA?

No, see above.

Beyond the TSA checkpoint is the "secure area" of the airport, and is controlled by a separate law(s), both State and Federal (e.g. MGL 269-12F).

I ask, because you can legally case and check firearms, so you can have them on the property.

Technically one of the few exceptions to possessing firearms "on the airport".

No, the "security zone" is on the water...

Possession "on the airport" is controlled by 740 CMR 30.04

The penalty for violation of the CMR is a civil fine.

No, see above.

Beyond the TSA checkpoint is the "secure area" of the airport, and is controlled by a separate law(s), both State and Federal (e.g. MGL 269-12F).

Technically one of the few exceptions to possessing firearms "on the airport".

So only a civil infraction, I would assume the nice trooper might assume it's a criminal act. So something civil I might even get to keep my license

Back
Top Bottom