Locktite on eotechs?

Mass-diver

NES Member
Tried to do a search on this....so with apologies for a dumb question.

Are most of you guys using locktite to secure optics to picatinny rails?

Thanks!

Never. Not Eotechs, Aimpoints, or anything else. Larue quick release mounts on everything.

You still need to lock the optic to the larue...

Yes, locktite can be helpful for ensuring the optic stays mounted but usually the better products don't need it. EOTechs have crappy mounting screws and you can get a replacement from YHM that is the balls.

no, but I mark everything with a paint pen so I can quicly see if anything has moved.

i used a very small amount of lock tight on my aimpoint to secure it my LaRue SPR mount. i have OCD-ish traits [laugh]

i did not use a Torque wrench though...

a couple few removals and re-attachments later, its still "on point"

[wink]

I have an EOtech 517 on a Mossberg 500. No locktite and the thing is as solid as ever.

why would yhm create a alternative.

Fist%20of%20Money.gif

Mine is 3 or 4 years old. Maybe mine is the exception but then why would yhm create a alternative.
All your AR parts are belong to us..

[laugh]

Eotech has come loose in the past, but after a few iterations I seem to have found "tight enough"...

Larue mount on the aimpoint hasn't budged...

Notice: No twinkies were harmed in the composition of this post...

All your AR parts are belong to us..

[laugh]

Eotech has come loose in the past, but after a few iterations I seem to have found "tight enough"...

Larue mount on the aimpoint hasn't budged...

Notice: No twinkies were harmed in the composition of this post...

Tight enough = jumping on a breaker bar...

I threw some locktite on the screw for my 512. It probably never would have come off otherwise, but better safe than sorry. It's not like its hard to break blue locktite if I want to take it off.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom