• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Locking cabinet from a store with inside delivery

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good place where I can get a locking cabinet (for ammo) that will do an inside delivery?

I was interested in this one at Lowes, but the best they will do is drop it in the driveway.

64bf3371.jpg

Sears sells a craftsman cabinet that works well. It comes unassembled so maybe that will help you.

I deliver freight for a living. The whole "inside delivery" thing can usually be accomplished by taking a $20 out of your wallet and showing it to the driver. It usually works for me.

This. especially when it's not an 850lb safe delivered to the upstairs. That one takes a little more but is still purchasable on the spot.

The reviews on that aren't that good (cheap quality, flimsy...). They sell metal locking cabinets, just picked one up for someone but haven't put it together yet.

This. especially when it's not an 850lb safe delivered to the upstairs. That one takes a little more but is still purchasable on the spot.

I'll do 700lb safes into garages or street level by myself. Takes some financial coaxing though. Did 500 pounders into basements twice. One guy paid me $150, the other guy said he would "take care of me", that's usually code for a good sized tip, turned out to be a bottle of water. Now I make sure we're clear on the terms first. [angry]

I bought used office furniture for gun stuff storage. Guns are in a gun safe, but I keep the rest locked in metal cabinets that came out of a bank. They are heavy and solid.

I bought them from:

John Meadows
Owner
Used Office & Warehouse Equipment
59 Fountain St
Framingham Ma 01702
phone 508-879-8693

http://www.usedofficefurnitureusa.com/

Prices were fair and he had delivery available for an additional, but reasonable cost. He was a good guy and good to deal with. FYI it's not a fancy showroom but rather more of a warehouse space. But that's why his prices are so good.

Last edited:
I have that cabinet. It's particle board but would work if you shore up the shelves (they rest on flimsy plastic brackets). I keep reloading stuff in it. It came unassembled. I have a metal cabinet with electronic lock that I got from staples. It is nicer but shelf weight is still quite low. I had to add supports in order to keep ammo in it. I did a pretty exhaustive search a few years back and cabinets tend to be pricey.

Back
Top Bottom