• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lockdown at Lincoln-Sudbury High after shell casings found

Does anyone else feel like we have completely stepped into the twilight zone? Someone brings an umbrella to a mall, roll the 1st infantry. Kid forgets a toy gun in his backpack, send him to juvie. Someone finds a spent case.... I'm surprised anyone even recognized what it was based on the comments I saw with the article. Someone actually commented that they did the right thing because it was an indication someone had access to a firearm. I barely even recognize this country anymore.

It's worse than you think. I know a parent (really, it's not me!) that has a kid that has had a few absences too many due to illness. The Guidance Counselor was put on the case...."Ms. Parent....Junior says that he sometimes shoots Trap. Isn't that dnagerous?"

The kid does freakin' ski-cross and ski racing! But, despite the near proximity of immovable trees zipping past at god-awful speeds, that's not considered a risk.
[shocked]
Again, it's all emotion and ignorance. So few people shoot nowadays, that most have no clue, and will happily glom onto the [dis]information that's on the news.

If Firearms Safety were offered like any other class, there'd be fewer problems.... But that's not in the interests of the Man.....

Ignorant, intolerant, idiots. Is to so hard to use their second brain cell. The libtard media has created a society of zombies who are constantly looking over their shoulder. Problem is they look so fast they are not sure what they are seeing. i.e an umbrella, toy soldier, spent case!

Investigating what? Was any crime committed? Spent .22 rimfire cases are not ammunition or ammunition components.

Umm... I believe that in the eyes of MA law, a spent casing is indeed an ammunition component and possession of one without an FID or LTC is a crime. Sad, but true.

I would really have to question (as in to the town government) the competency of local law enforcement and educational system for this sort of over-reaction.

If you cannot differentiate between crime and hysterical reaction, then it calls into question your judgment generally. Anyone fit for either of those jobs should be able to see the casing in its context and quickly determine that its nothing more than a hunk of metal tracked in on a shoe or dropped there intentionally to create a fire drill near finals...

I would really have to question (as in to the town government) the competency of local law enforcement and educational system for this sort of over-reaction.

If you cannot differentiate between crime and hysterical reaction, then it calls into question your judgment generally. Anyone fit for either of those jobs should be able to see the casing in its context and quickly determine that its nothing more than a hunk of metal tracked in on a shoe or dropped there intentionally to create a fire drill near finals...

If you mean "Bring the issue up before the School Board or Town Meeting", you're in a bucket of fail from the start.

The response woudl most likely be, "In a post-Columbine and Post 9/11 world, there's no such thing as too safe. To suggest that this was an overreaction is the same as saying that our children should not be protected. You're a worse version of Hitler!"

(cue thunderous applause)

You can't argue facts with people who have no reason to listen. Honestly, how would not going into lockdown have benefitted the school administration? By doing this, they prove that they care, and are on the ball.

If you mean "Bring the issue up before the School Board or Town Meeting", you're in a bucket of fail from the start.

The response woudl most likely be, "In a post-Columbine and Post 9/11 world, there's no such thing as too safe. To suggest that this was an overreaction is the same as saying that our children should not be protected. You're a worse version of Hitler!"

You can't argue facts with people who have no reason to listen. Honestly, how would not going into lockdown have benefitted the school administration? By doing this, they prove that they care, and are on the ball.

I believe you are 100% correct. There is apparently no longer any room for perspective or judgement these days; it is all or nothing. Completely idiotic if you ask me. I have yet to find the right combination of things to say to derail this sort of "thinking".

I doubt anyone has tried - there's been only one voice on this issue and it has been clinically insane...

The old saw of "politics is politics" is an easy excuse for apathy, but ignores the radical change we've undergone as a society as a result of one side "playing the game" while the rest of us stayed home.

I believe you are 100% correct. There is apparently no longer any room for perspective or judgement these days; it is all or nothing. Completely idiotic if you ask me. I have yet to find the right combination of things to say to derail this sort of "thinking".
Lawsuits - stupid has to hurt or it won't stop.

I may be a youngster on this board, but this type of stuff (the superfluous cautiousness towards safety) has been increasing without control for years.

I remember I was in first grade when the original Power Rangers came out on TV. I made little wrist things with my friends to pretend we were the power rangers. We all got sent to the principals office because they thought we were a gang.

I can definitely say that Massachusetts is not the America I want to be apart of. Sadly however, a lot of the country is not the America I want to be apart of.

Since they cannot be reloaded, I don't think spent rimfire cases qualify as an ammunition component.

I would hate to be the lawyer who needs to convince a jury of that. Too many judges here would force that to be a finding of fact for the trial I suspect.

I have to say though, with all of this knee-jerk paranoia and "pants-shitting hysteria", this could make some folks wake up to the stupidity. Back in the 80's anyone who was carjacked became a national sensation. People still get carjacked and it barely rates a mention on the local news. I wonder if this will have the effect of causing people to panic less.

Thinking is done with the brain. These days, people don't think . . . they emote and let their emotions and fears drive their actions. Sad but true.

Those .22 cases LOVE Vibram soles don't they? I have found spent primers in my office that I'm sure came off my boots.

Every time I go to the range I leave a trail of .22LR brass leading all the way back to my apartment. I've seen brass in my truck, in the parking lot of my complex, in the stairwell, and in my living room. My boots love to eat .22LR. I need to start remembering to check my soles before I leave the range lest SWAT come repelling down my building and shoot all my neighbors dogs.

At what point did our country start turning into a nation of scared cowering fools? I try to think back but can't put my finger on any 5 year period where things turned bad.

I would hate to be the lawyer who needs to convince a jury of that. Too many judges here would force that to be a finding of fact for the trial I suspect.

I have to say though, with all of this knee-jerk paranoia and "pants-shitting hysteria", this could make some folks wake up to the stupidity. Back in the 80's anyone who was carjacked became a national sensation. People still get carjacked and it barely rates a mention on the local news. I wonder if this will have the effect of causing people to panic less.

No, it won't. Last year this "brass sprinkling phenomenon" basically got statewide attention. Various schools in MA had "lockdowns" over it. Children watch television and also observe administrations going full retard whenever this happens. So they go to a range or their dads range bag or to the woods and get some brass from (wherever) and sprinkle it about the school (typically, in a bathroom where nobody can see them doing it) and laugh at the dumb,clueless admin types that call the police and issue lockdown orders over some pieces of brass which aren't even really hazardous.

Basically, some punk kids are probably taking the admins for a ride. It's been proven time and time again there is NEVER a threat behind the sprinklings. Yet, the admin morons fall back to the [smarmy liberal douchebag voice] "Bweaaaah we live in a post collllumbeyne werld! beeewwaah! snert!" [/smarmy liberal douchebag voice]

-Mike

Does anyone else feel like we have completely stepped into the twilight zone? Someone brings an umbrella to a mall, roll the 1st infantry. Kid forgets a toy gun in his backpack, send him to juvie. Someone finds a spent case.... I'm surprised anyone even recognized what it was based on the comments I saw with the article. Someone actually commented that they did the right thing because it was an indication someone had access to a firearm. I barely even recognize this country anymore.

+1

I blame the 90's.
There was no 5 or even 10 year period... This crap started in the 60's and the cultural shift followed the demographic shift - TV played a big part too in reinforcing/justifying liberal lunacy that otherwise might have been more isolated...

The Clinton era took it nuke-u-lar to be sure with the pussification of America, but it was already well along its way. Bush II removed the last of any metering influence on these forces with his non-sense "compassionate conservatism". Government's are killing machines on a good day, they are never "compassionate." They can, if forced, approach "just", but not without constant vigilance...

So they go to a range or their dads range bag or to the woods and get some brass from (wherever) and sprinkle it about the school (typically, in a bathroom where nobody can see them doing it) and laugh at the dumb,clueless admin types that call the police and issue lockdown orders over some pieces of brass which aren't even really hazardous.

It was tempting to toss out a handful of 30-06 cartridges when I drove by there today but I'd have felt guilty when the National Guard got called out to Sudbury...

Last edited by a moderator:
It was tempting to toss out a handful of 30-06 cartridges when I drove by there today but I'd have felt guilty when the National Guard got called out to Sudbury...
You can be sure they'd print and DNA sample them and then go right to the LTC database where they find all their other criminals (or not, but doesn't stop them from trying...).

On the bright side, you'd have front row seats with your no-bail incarceration to watch all the gang-banger, multiple homicide, RoRs go through the revolving door while you rot... [sad2]

I said it was tempting but I didn't say I was stupid enough to do it. With my luck, there's a webcam somewhere near there. And as folks know, a Subaru with libertarian and right wing stickers on it isn't exactly common... It'd be too easy to find me.

I do, however, get a little mental giggle out of imagining the PSH that would result in them finding that brass.

Back
Top Bottom