• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lockdown at Lincoln-Sudbury High after shell casings found

This is the equivalent of "bomb scares" we use to have all the time at my high school. Some dope probably just dropped them on the floor like they said to get everyone all upset. Funny how this thing can happen in a gun free zone.

“Be it a small knife on a keychain or today’s shell casings, we take these things seriously. We have to,” said Carpenter in the letter.
...ridiculous - more zero tolerance BS. No one carries a keychain knife the threaten anyone - its made to pick your teeth or stuff out of your nails.

I wonder if they would go into lock down if they found this picture
Empty.JPG

This is why we tell Scouts, when they come to the Club to camp out and shoot, to check the soles of their boots.

No kidding. Like, were these empty casings bent/crushed, dirty, etc. I also liked that the casings "...were from bullets that had been used some time in the past". Damn good thing they weren't from the future.

I used to wear an OD cotton jacket from Banana Republic (from the days when they had stuff that was reasonably suited to actually being in the field rather than posing for a camera), with loads and loads of various pockets. I used to keep a round for each caliber of gun I own in one of the pockets, just because it made me happy. I can't (and don't) do that anymore.

Probably from a high capacity clip on a semi auto Hilti-assault gun....
4b4316ba-9f70-ef4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I work at a biotech in Cambridge. Imagine the panic if someone had found a spent cartridge casing on the floor that had dropped from my pocket or boot before I did on my back from the bathroom? Not that that actually has happened, mind you [wink]

L/S....my alma mater. Sudbury PD, I used to work there as a patrolman a long time ago. Today, neither are anything at all like they were back in the '60s & '70s. I recall a friend of mine giving me a box of spent 32 Winchester Special one day in class....probably in '69 or '70. I think he still owns what was at one time a family owned and operated A&P store that evolved into a liquor store. As for L/S - even back then you could sense the direction the school was heading so I am not at all surprised we are seeing this sort of thing these days.

Last edited:
the shell was probably stuck in the cleat of somebodies shoe that had been recently at the range, maybe even... *GASP* a teacher!

Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts? [laugh]

I was wondering why there were no less than THREE news trucks (the kind with the 30 foot tall antennas) parked outside L-S High when I went by there at a few minutes to 5 today...

I'm so glad they didn't stop me. I think I've got about 1500 rounds and I don't know how much brass still in my car from yesterday. Wow... 80 pieces of spent 30-06... I'd have been locked up for a year!

I commented:

"OMG EMPTY PIECES OF BRASS! It's the end of the world! Close the school, evacuate the kiddies, those inert pieces of brass are going to have a killing spree and everyone will DIE!!

EMPTY shell casings you idiots. From a .22, you know, the gun that every boy scout in the country learns to shoot with. Probably some kid had them in his pocket from the weekend.

This is why my kid will never set foot in a public school. How can anyone as stupid as these administrators possibly have anything of value to teach?"

Way back when, the LS Physics teacher told us how they used to hang a "ballistic Pendulum" (basically a log on 2 ropes) is the doorway & shoot a 22 into it. They'd demonstrate how by measuring the max angle of the dangle, they could calculate the muzzle velocity. (Conservation of momentum or energy - I forget which) By the 70's they only had bricks on roller skates pulling paper strips through doorbell timers.

Way, way, way back when, the denizens of 01776 actually saved the whole colony during the King Phillips War with their personal firearms....Battles/skirmishes around town (awesome book by Schulz & Tougias on that - check in the library!)

Investigating what? Was any crime committed? Spent .22 rimfire cases are not ammunition or ammunition components.

I translate that to: ' We are padding our budget and justifying our existence so next time there is a vote you will think we are useful. This is exactly why we needed that body armor and riot gear because someone found a bent, dirty, scuffed, piece of metal at a school once.'

Back
Top Bottom