• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lockable Range Bags

What are people using for lockable range bags? I would like to be able to carry 3-4 pistols without trigger locks and I'd also like the main compartment to be lockable.

I really like the Shooters Connections bag, but the not lockable portion kind of sucks.

The Uncle Mike's and the Eagle Deluxe Pro Shooter both have 2 lockable side pouches, but not in the middle. So that's what i'm leaning towards right now unless anybody has any other suggestions?

I bought one of these and lock up my guns in it. It has a combo lock built in and provisions for a pad lock.

It has pick and remove foam, or you can cut the foam for a perfect fit. This is bigger than a briefcase and has a shoulder strap. Pluss you can cut out areas for other accessories or what.

I can get these at wholesale, so if you or anyone else is interested let me know. and Maybe we can do a group buy?

Pelican 1495

I got the Midway bags on sale and then had a local shoe repair place sew on tabs with D-rings for padlocks.

iShot has built-in locking rings on their zippers. Regrettably the locking ring broke off mine in less than 6 months, so it's been sitting, waiting for me to ship it back to be repaired.

I use tool bags from Lowe's. They have a double zipper that makes locking easy; just use a small padlock to lock the zippers together.

I have the Eagle Deluxe and you can run a little lock through the 2 zippers from the main compartment to the D-Ring that is sewn on the opposing side where the zippers end.

I might have to actually do that..LOL

In case you didn't know, the Eagle Deluxe bag is actually 2 bags in one.The bag that has all the compartments fits into the outer bag with the 2 zippers I was talking about.In the inner bag,there are 2 pistol "rugs" that you could easily fit handguns into.

Expensive bag,but made in the USA and I like it.

Last edited:
I have the Eagle Deluxe and you can run a little lock through the 2 zippers from the main compartment to the D-Ring that is sewn on the opposing side where the zippers end.

I might have to actually do that..LOL

In case you didn't know, the Eagle Deluxe bag is actually 2 bags in one.The bag that has all the compartments fits into the outer bag with the 2 zippers I was talking about.In the inner bag,there are 2 pistol "rugs" that you could easily fit handguns into.

Expensive bag,but made in the USA and I like it.

So you can lock every compartment on this bag then? SWEET! Exactly what I'm looking for!

Just an update for the people searching. I ended up with the Tac Force small range bag in OD Green. You can lock every compartment on this thing which is exactly what I was looking for. I easily fit 2 sets of muffs/eyes and a good amount of ammo for the day in the lockable center compartment. I'd say there was about the equivalent amount of space as a 50cal ammo can after the two sets of non-folding muffs and eyes were placed inside.

Both lockable front and back pockets have pistol pouches and 7 mag pouches. The pouches are just big enough for my Radom P35 (1911 design) and my Sig Mosquito also fits perfectly in the pouch. The lockable side compartment easily holds 1 30rd and 4-5 20rd AR mags. The other lockable side compartment holds my miscellaneous range equipment like markers, staple gun, staples, tools etc.

All in all, i'm happy with my purchase. At the time, Graf and sons was the best price. Shipped to me in a little over a week.

S86028Blk.jpg

How exactly does it lock? All I see are zippers. Nice looking bag though.

I'm thinking of installing a small lock box in the rear of my SUV. In the side trim panel under the right rear window is a small compartment covered by a removable door. I'm thinking of pulling the whole assembly apart, removing the plastic compartment housing, and drilling some holes and bolting in a lockable box big enough to hold a full-size pistol. Then that whole thing can be covered by the removable door.

My glove box has a perfectly good, sturdy locking mechanism, but of course state law leaves that out of the question! If/when I get motivated to do this, I'll post pics of how I did it.

The ISHOT bags all have lock loops on the zippers. I use little combo locks on these.

-Mike

What are people using for lockable range bags? I would like to be able to carry 3-4 pistols without trigger locks and I'd also like the main compartment to be lockable.

I really like the Shooters Connections bag, but the not lockable portion kind of sucks.

The Uncle Mike's and the Eagle Deluxe Pro Shooter both have 2 lockable side pouches, but not in the middle. So that's what i'm leaning towards right now unless anybody has any other suggestions?

To lock the main compartment in the Shooters Connection bag, use a cable lock and thread it through the zipper pulls from the main compartment and the end pocket pulls.

http://www.masterlock.com/cgi-bin/p...ynav=&parent_id=&sub_cat_id=B252&template=app

Last edited:
i got this at harbor freight http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=36871 and it has two built in combo locks. all i had to do was figure out how to separate the pistols (i used foam and high density molecular plastic aka cutting boards to fabricate compartments). it holds 3 pistols, ~200 rounds of ammo, ear/eye protection. comes with a sholuder starp and most of all cheap.

Back
Top Bottom