Locations with Ammo?

Anyone know any shops that still have some 12ga ammo? Went to state line they had some target loads but that’s it. Looking for 00 buck or #4. Old glory said they’re out too

I'm not even seeing target loads, so you're doing better than me...

Creative Times require Creative Men...
NOTE: These are 'SHTF' loads and should not be used when good factory rounds are available.

And when things get REALLY BAD... 'Cut Slugs'

And waxed 'slugs'...

Last edited:
Taofledermaus did a great series on wax slugs. The reverse granular impact is brutal and akin to a frangible round. They just dump their energy into whatever they hit in epic fashion.

Makes me curious how 00-buck would perform under the 'wax treatment'?
Buck that travels like slug would be very interesting...

After all, 00-buck is packed with granular material that keeps the shot column uniform.
1586479313812.png

where are you located might help. how much do you need? a few questions to start. with some information a member may be able to suggest a place nearby or perhaps have it themselves

& +1 @BTSDOG , last ammo shortage is when I learned to reload. Neva again

There has been a big run on 12 gauge especially defensive loads. Even online it sells out quickly.

A couple weeks back someone on Armslist was selling a case of buckshot maybe it’s still there?

If you're looking at Stateline and Old Glory, you're probably too far from Shooter's Outpost (Hooksett - Amherst temporarily closed). I believe SO has some, if you want to drive and wait in line (limited customers in store at each time to maintain SD, and closed from this coming Sunday (Easter) on.

Makes me curious how 00-buck would perform under the 'wax treatment'?
Buck that travels like slug would be very interesting...

After all, 00-buck is packed with granular material that keeps the shot column uniform.
View attachment 346557

View: https://youtu.be/4LPa9QvZ1kg

Almost identical. The buckshot, with its larger and heavier projectiles, would probably do more secondary damage due to higher energy retention compared the much smaller and lighter bird shot. If you don’t want to watch the entire vid, his closing remarks were “I don’t see the justification for using much more expensive buckshot to achieve near identical results compared to .25¢ target loads.”
I think the idea is to take a cheap round with questionable use outside of clay pigeons, and turn it into something far more devastating on the cheap. Buckshot is good in its own right and the move to a wax slug appears to be more lateral than the considerable jump UP that target loads can achieve.

I think the idea is to take a cheap round with questionable use outside of clay pigeons, and turn it into something far more devastating on the cheap. Buckshot is good in its own right and the move to a wax slug appears to be more lateral than the considerable jump UP that target loads can achieve.
I will heed your recommendation. Good work.

Target Sports still has 12 ga ammo. The worst that will happen is you'll find it somewhere else and more will show up in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom