zork51

NES Member
Hey Boys and Girls,

If anyone is going to this hearing, I want to share some thoughts.

I went to the first stop on a “state tour” in Worcester a few weeks ago on a Monday. I took a VAC day to attend. \ A panel of about 7 listens to both sides of argument for YET MORE GUN LAWS in Mass. I chickened out and didn’t speak as both sides were allowed 3 minutes to state their thoughts. I did submit written testimony and also had a pretty good conversation with one of Rep. Naughton's aides. It last 7 hours and I stayed for the whole thing. A retired News anchor Liz Walker showed up with a bunch of kids from the “inner city” wearing NAACP white T shirts and they spoke of violence and read their partially coerced statements about one gun and month and background checks, etc. Liz said that” it’s not just an inner city problem but OUR problem as well.

When all else fails to present logical reasoning, trot out the children. In hindsight, I wondered where all their parents were for this hearing???? But that was not the intent of their team. “It’s about the children”.

I and many others besides those who spoke offered plenty of suggestions. I spoke with a paid assistant for half an hour out in the hallway.

I suggested ARMED GUARDS in schools, 30 years in jail for straw purchasers (no plea deals) , automatic one year (like the big sign in Boston says but is hardly ever enforced) for someone caught with a gun who is unlicensed, RIGHT AWAY as soon as they are in the cruiser, 5 years if caught committing a crime with a gun but they don’t kill anyone, and 20 years if they do. I just think it’s important that MANY people show up at the hearing. Rhode Island has delayed their upcoming legislative action based on all the people they had going to their hearings.

I see articles in my local paper about people caught with guns and their sent home to wait for a court date. Why not send them right to jail from the station for the “mandatory” one year like big bad Mayor Menino says????

Anyway, I spoke with someone "close to GOAL" in the parking lot and he said to keep it at 3 minutes and save the rants if you can, leave the camo at home. Stay on point like some of what I submitted in writing to the staff about IDEAS. Remember Duval doesn't have any of those.............

Good luck to all that go and speak, but mostly IMPORTANTLY, is "strength in numbers" a good showing of "voters" is the most important weapon.

If anyone wants to PM me between now and WED with their cell and talk about what I saw and thought please do. I will be home tomorrow and will check my Inbox. Most of you out there don't need my help however. We have lots of decent educated people who can state their case diplomatically.

Last edited:
Has GOAL, the NRA, and "It's Time 2A" sent out information about this? I haven't seen a heck of a lot. I think something came from GOAL today. They need an automatic calling program. They also REALLY need a liaison to all the clubs, in order to "get the vote out", or in this case, get rear-ends in seats.

I got a very good email from the NRA-ILA today. Supposedly Jim Wallace is holding a meeting at agawam revolver club on wed night to go over stuff and get ready for Friday. We (Hampden county 2a coalition) had a meeting tonight and will be there with a rally outside and we will have different speakers speaking about different angles to combat their shit from every angle they are trying to hit us.

Need a big poster and handouts where people enter. The other side had that in Worcester. Need LOTS of handouts for all attending. Someone well spoken needs to harness their wagon to the media, and give them the real story.

Smith and Wesson will be there. I believe the CEO is going to try and speak.

They better let him speak. They let the NAACP kids speak, then applauded them-half admitted to knowing criminals with guns, and they let them walk, no questions asked.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

GOAL had issued an email alert about this as well as our good friend Carl (Four Seasons) at UNDER CONSTRUCTION about this hearing.

About those kids, I don't think they come from 2 parent families (like most kids these days) and while I feel bad for them, they come from an environment where "don't snitch" and who knows what else goes on in their neighborhood. That is their PARENTS problem. I don't know if that crew will be bused out there or not. I'm sure they WILL be at the BOSTON one in late fall.

Anyway thanks to all that will go in advance. Even if you don't speak, you can submit written comments. I spoke to Aaron Stein, Rep Naughton's aide in the hallway, who served in the military as well as Rep. Naughton. They should be thanked for their service.

This hearing WILL go on and everyone who signs up to speak will be listened to, long after the main crowd or any cameras are gone. I give Rep Naughton's panel that. They stay right to the end......................So naturally, the beginning of the hearing will have the most impact. One guys took and NES post about 33 or so gun arrests that show ALL were dismissed. EVERYONE's local paper today will most likely show in the police blotter, someone who got caught on several criminal gun charges, unlicensed, etc. who will go home after posting next to nothing for bail, when they SHOULD GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL FOR ONE YEAR right from the station!
If nothing else you could just recite that for the panel.

There will literally like 10 people left and the panel did listen to everyone. I give them credit for that. One of the last people was an older woman who's concerned about 7 rds. against multiple threats in her extremely rural neighborhood. Remember, we had no say when mag cap was reduced from high down to 10. TEN IS GOOD. Let's leave it there please. Remember to stay on point, keep rants low, and camo at home.

Last edited:
I got a very good email from the NRA-ILA today. Supposedly Jim Wallace is holding a meeting at agawam revolver club on wed night to go over stuff and get ready for Friday. We (Hampden county 2a coalition) had a meeting tonight and will be there with a rally outside and we will have different speakers speaking about different angles to combat their shit from every angle they are trying to hit us.

This is exactly what you need for this type of meeting.

GOAL had issued an email alert about this as well as our good friend Carl (Four Seasons) at UNDER CONSTRUCTION about this hearing.

About those kids, I don't think they come from 2 parent families (like most kids these days) and while I feel bad for them, they come from an environment where "don't snitch" and who knows what else goes on in their neighborhood. That is their PARENTS problem. I don't know if that crew will be bused out there or not. I'm sure they WILL be at the BOSTON one in late fall.

Anyway thanks to all that will go in advance. Even if you don't speak, you can submit written comments. I spoke to Aaron Stein, Rep Naughton's aide in the hallway, who served in the military as well as Rep. Naughton. They should be thanked for their service.

This hearing WILL go on and everyone who signs up to speak will be listened to, long after the main crowd or any cameras are gone. I give Rep Naughton's panel that. They stay right to the end......................So naturally, the beginning of the hearing will have the most impact. One guys took and NES post about 33 or so gun arrests that show ALL were dismissed. EVERYONE's local paper today will most likely show in the police blotter, someone who got caught on several criminal gun charges, unlicensed, etc. who will go home after posting next to nothing for bail, when they SHOULD GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL FOR ONE YEAR right from the station!
If nothing else you could just recite that for the panel.

There will literally like 10 people left and the panel did listen to everyone. I give them credit for that. One of the last people was an older woman who's concerned about 7 rds. against multiple threats in her extremely rural neighborhood. Remember, we had no say when mag cap was reduced from high down to 10. TEN IS GOOD. Let's leave it there please. Remember to stay on point, keep rants low, and camo at home.

That was me. Planning something similar for the Boston one :)

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

30 years in jail for straw purchasers (no plea deals) ,
Once you allow for zero tolerance, you get zero intelligence. There will be creep in the definition of ‘straw purchase’ to the point of gifts are prohibited or even fast sales of guns you purchase and subsequently hated.

automatic one year (like the big sign in Boston says but is hardly ever enforced) for someone caught with a gun who is unlicensed, RIGHT AWAY as soon as they are in the cruiser, 5 years if caught committing a crime with a gun but they don’t kill anyone, and 20 years if they do
You have just admitted that it is okay to license a right – what about the 39 other states where one does not need a permit at all to purchase a gun?
Also, why is killing a person with a gun more evil than any other method? There should be two separate charges, murder and, if appropriate, felon in possession. No extra special “we hate guns” add on charges.

I see articles in my local paper about people caught with guns and their sent home to wait for a court date. Why not send them right to jail from the station for the “mandatory” one year like big bad Mayor Menino says????
That is what dangerousness hearings are for – To overcome that pesky ‘innocent until proven guilty’ constitutional problem

Anyway, I spoke with someone "close to GOAL" in the parking lot and he said to keep it at 3 minutes and save the rants if you can, leave the camo at home. Stay on point like some of what I submitted in writing to the staff about IDEAS. Remember Duval doesn't have any of those.............

Good luck to all that go and speak, but mostly IMPORTANTLY, is "strength in numbers" a good showing of "voters" is the most important weapon.
Correct – we need to overwhelm with an abundance of logical, thought provoking arguments instead of the emotional rants given by the other side. If you can’t keep it together, stay quiet or stay home.

If anyone wants to PM me between now and WED with their cell and talk about what I saw and thought please do. I will be home tomorrow and will check my Inbox. Most of you out there don't need my help however. We have lots of decent educated people who can state their case diplomatically.
PM me if you want to coordinate testimony for the 2nd

Once you allow for zero tolerance, you get zero intelligence. There will be creep in the definition of ‘straw purchase’ to the point of gifts are prohibited or even fast sales of guns you purchase and subsequently hated.

Sir, what I'm talking about is anyone selling guns in an alley to inner/outer city punks who aren't licensed like WE are.

You have just admitted that it is okay to license a right – what about the 39 other states where one does not need a permit at all to purchase a gun?

It's NOT OK to license a right, but were in MASS. That ship has sailed, so unless you can reverse our laws in a hurry, we're going to play the hand that is dealt to us in today's environment.

Also, why is killing a person with a gun more evil than any other method? There should be two separate charges, murder and, if appropriate, felon in possession. No extra special “we hate guns” add on charges.

I only meant it as an extra deterrent for kids / punks who wanna be a gangsta and want to buy a gun to do it, because also in Mass, you only get "no ice cream" for 4 months or so for if you're a criminal committing a serious crime. IMHO, we should have the death penalty for murdering thugs, but that ship has also sailed in Mass.

That is what dangerousness hearings are for – To overcome that pesky ‘innocent until proven guilty’ constitutional problem.

I don't know about your town, but I'm in Fitchburg, last week I saw in our local paper (Sentinel and Enterprise) a guy who threatened his girl with a grenade launcher, and not licensed, etc. etc. He will be waiting for a court date. That's what we're dealing with now. Everyone like this out there waiting for "their day in court" has an opportunity to flee, or hurt someone in the meantime.
I know it's a slippery slope, but if the legislators actually would have Pro 2A people consulting with them and helping them enhance, rewrite laws, etc, maybe THEY could be educated about real world scenarios with our rights.

Most of them have never or will never own or fire a gun, join a sportsman's club, etc.

Correct – we need to overwhelm with an abundance of logical, thought provoking arguments instead of the emotional rants given by the other side. If you can’t keep it together, stay quiet or stay home.

PM me if you want to coordinate testimony for the 2nd

I won't be going. But I wanted to post about this event. I'm glad I did as one of the latter posters on this thread said he will revise his speech based on my thread. I feel good about that.

You sound very intelligent and I'm sure you will be a great spokesperson. My intent is to state what I saw at the Worcester hearing.

Last edited:
GOAL is having a public hearing prep meeting at the Agawam Revolver Club Wednesday @ 7 pm.

All,

PUBLIC HEARING
The State of MA, Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security, has scheduled a Public Hearing to discuss new gun control legislation at American International College in Springfield on Friday, August 2, 2013. More information on the Public Hearing can be found at GOAL HEARING SCHEDULE, NRAILA MA PUBLIC HEARING INFO, and MA LEGISLATURE EVENT DETAIL.

PUBLIC HEARING PREPARATION SEMINAR
In preparation for this hearing, the Gun Owners Action League has scheduled a Public Hearing Preparation Seminar where they will cover etiquette, testimony, how to sign up to speak and more. If you are planning on attending the Public Hearing, GOAL extends an invitation to attend this informative seminar at our club house this Wednesday July 31, 2013 at 7:00-8:30 PM.

Public Hearing Information!

Please Join Our Prep Seminar
In Preparation For Friday's Public Hearing

July 29, 2013
Gun Owners' Action League.

Public Hearing
Update

Dear GOAL Members,

Get
ready!
Please join us this Wednesday night, July 31, 2013 from 7:00 -
8:30 pm at Agawam Revolver Club for our public
hearing preparation seminar. We will cover etiquette, testimony, how to sign up
to speak and more. We would like to thank Judith Szczygiel for all of the hard
work in helping us secure A.R.C. for this seminar, we look forward to seeing
you!

Also, please
note!
We have more information regarding this Friday's Public Hearing
at American International College in
Springfield
. The hearing will be at 10:00 AM in the Griswold Theater on the
A.I.C. campus. Click here for a map of the
campus

Also, we are expecting to have details regarding the upcoming
hearing on the North Shore today. We will update as soon as we have more
information.

Please Bookmark this page as it is frequently updated. http://goal.org/hearingschedule.html

The page
includes links to a lot of good information for hearing prep (especially useful
if you cannot make it to our seminar)

Thank you,

GOAL

I am so going to the Goal Agawam meeting. I am not comfortable speaking in public and getting coached on how this works is great. I will be in Springfield for this. If this crap should ever come true in Ma I told my wife we are out of this State, all she said was let's fix some stuff on the house and see what we get for it.

I won't be going. But I wanted to post about this event. I'm glad I did as one of the latter posters on this thread say he will revise his speech based on my thread. I feel good about that.

You sound very intelligent and I'm sure you will be a great spokesperson. My intent is to state what I saw at the Worcester hearing.

You missed the point - Using special modifiers for guns is admitting defeat to the anti-gun side. If we need the modifiers then guns are a special problem so we should remove them.

Example: Smoking - You can't smoke safely because it is inherently dagerous to the user so we 'tax' it to detter its use. The tax is so that less and less people feel using is worth the burden

The same scheme is being used for guns, that possession should be burdened to deter usage because they have no inherent positive use.

i plan on going to this.... only thing for me is my back will not let me sit through even an hour... i do plan on stayin for the whole thing, including up until the time the panel leaves.

what i would not mind doing it standing outside holding a sign(s). then i would be able to move more and keep my back happy. anyone know if there will be anyone else doing this outside? and what time they plan to start showing up so we can be closer to and on either side or the buildings entrance controlling the sidewalk to keep the anti's signs farther away

i plan on going to this.... only thing for me is my back will not let me sit through even an hour... i do plan on stayin for the whole thing, including up until the time the panel leaves.

what i would not mind doing it standing outside holding a sign(s). then i would be able to move more and keep my back happy. anyone know if there will be anyone else doing this outside? and what time they plan to start showing up so we can be closer to and on either side or the buildings entrance controlling the sidewalk to keep the anti's signs farther away

Show up and tell the assistant that you have a back problem and need to testify early to mitigate the pain - not sure if it would work but can't hurt to try.

Smith & Wesson had a two page ad in the Springfield paper saying how much they contribute to the local economy.

They also have a billboard on I291 saying 160 years in Springfield.

I think they are letting the politicians know they are ready to leave.

It also says they employ 1500 people. We all know these are good paying jobs with benefits and retirements.

I hope they stay but I think the writing in on the wall, billboard and paper.

Show up and tell the assistant that you have a back problem and need to testify early to mitigate the pain - not sure if it would work but can't hurt to try.

there is a reason why i chose to work 3rd shift..... people in charge always say they want to hear what you think.... i'm the a$$hole at company meetings thats tells them what everyone is thinking in the non-sugar coated version. so for me its better to be seen in support and not heard... that and even if i had something written out... i would end up ranting. and public speakin is def not my forte.

Smith & Wesson had a two page ad in the Springfield paper saying how much they contribute to the local economy.

They also have a billboard on I291 saying 160 years in Springfield.

I think they are letting the politicians know they are ready to leave.

It also says they employ 1500 people. We all know these are good paying jobs with benefits and retirements.

I hope they stay but I think the writing in on the wall, billboard and paper.

This was mentioned at the Fall River meeting by one of the Reps - It is a lot of money to piss away for little reason.

I so wish I could go but cannot get time off as I work in a hospital and everyone in my dept is already off. My point is... I hope someone can bring up the fact that it is a slap in the face to hard working, legal gun owners to schedule these hearings at such a time that many/most cannot attend. Thank you so much to all who can go and speak.

Anyone have a citeable statistic regarding how many cases of straw purchasing mass has prosecuted.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Will someone also ask if they will make anyone currently with any criminal record in Mass buy insurance just in case they commit a crime against the average citizen?

Also ask if our insurance is going to Johnny career criminal with multiple arrests if we have to defend our life against him at any given time. Who is the payee of what for what if they're trying to make us get insured.

A person I spoke with says it's "backdoor" gun confiscation. If an insurance agent visits your home and find conditions "not suitable to insure the owner", give us your guns...........

Insurance MUST be taken off the table. It's ridiculous.

I am so going to the Goal Agawam meeting. I am not comfortable speaking in public and getting coached on how this works is great. I will be in Springfield for this. If this crap should ever come true in Ma I told my wife we are out of this State, all she said was let's fix some stuff on the house and see what we get for it.

Take a quick look at this video - I am the balding (OKAY bald) guy with halting speech. Those hesitations are me attempting not to stutter. If I can do it anyone can.
Gun Legislation Listening Tour July 22 2013 - YouTube

Aaron

Does anyone know where the Agawam club is on rt 57? I am looking for land marks so I don't drivwe past it.

Need a big poster and handouts where people enter. The other side had that in Worcester. Need LOTS of handouts for all attending. Someone well spoken needs to harness their wagon to the media, and give them the real story.

I picked up our Protect our children and the second amendment sign tonight along with 10k of the hand out pamphlets we had for the westside rally and have been at the local gun shops for months. Anyone care to help hand these things out and work with us?

The fact that the Department of Homeland Security is gonna be there is way wrong!!!! The Feds should have nothing to do with a debate on state laws. Goes to show how far down the rat hole we are!

Back
Top Bottom