• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Local spots to fish near Goffstown, NH?

My kids are addicted. Really addicted. I haven't mowed the lawn in 2+ weeks because all they want to do is fish.. hey.. who the hell am I to argue? ;) We've primarily been pulling sunnies out of the Piscatasquog river across the street and a few small mouths down by the west side ice arena. Glen Lake boat launch was a flop.

I'm off for a few days and while our daughter is at camp, our 5 year old son and I are going to try Horseshoe Pond and the canoe launch behind the now defunct Getty gas station in Merrimack. Used to bicycle to both when I was 10 or so. We're boat-less, so shore fishing will have to do. Any other decent spots to bring kids to? Maybe a good catfish location on the river?

Thanks,
Fitz

Souhegan river near the dam in wilton

42.838999,-71.729099

and under the bridges

42.834539,-71.750884

- - - Updated - - -

these are trout spots mostely

Glenn lake started strong for me and my wife this year, but lately, I have to agree that the fish seem to be gone or hiding.

I'll have to check the sites listed by boghog. Thanks

sent it....from the Evo

Awesome. I'll check them out. Thank you.

Today we tried the pond off of Shirley Hill Rd with no success. Pretty sure it was either our presentation or lure selection since there were a number of big swirls on the surface. It does have the most aggressive frog population I've ever seen though.... Moved to the boat ramp at horseshoe pond in Merrimack and harvested tiny largemouths and bluegills for another few hours. I probably got in half a dozen casts or so since I was consumed with taking fish off his line or putting new bait on his line. It's all good.

I'll probably head out solo and early in the AM for a few hours. Location TBD.

Thanks,
Fitz

Back
Top Bottom