• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Local shooting clubs / ranges to Tyngsboro

Cur

NES Member
Hi all,

The wife and I are looking at joining a club local to us, and as we live in Tyngsboro this is an obvious one to look at. I've also heard the Westford and Chelmsford clubs are worth looking into.

I'd really appreciate any info from people who are member, or have been to them as I've never belong to one. Pro's and con's, even.

Thank you
Greg

I took a number of defensive handgun courses at the Tyngsboro club, as well as shooting with a bunch of guys a few years ago.

I've shot at a couple of NES Shoots at Westford and know a number of members (including officers).

My impressions:

- Westford seems to "have it all". If I lived nearby, that's the place I'd join in a heartbeat.

- Tyngsboro has a bar in the clubhouse. Many drinking members seem to hang out inside that clubhouse/bar and they don't go near the range at all. That's good, but I personally don't think that bars belong at gun clubs.

I suggest that you contact Ken Maurer and Jim Conway to get more info on both clubs. Both are members here, KMaurer is a Mod here.

Greg,
Kind of depends on what you're looking for with regard to facilities, etc.. Tyngsboro is pretty well equipped and Westford even more so. However, though I live in North Chelmsford and Tyngsboro is the closest to me, I belong to Littleton Sportsmans Club. Bit of a marketing pitch follows: LSC is probably the most relaxed club in the area. By that I mean you're given a key and expected to act like an adult without supervision. Access is 24/7. However, there is no bar or social activities - just ranges. Some of the outdoor facilities have fallen on hard times and we're just now renovating, but making good progress. We're also inexpensive: $100/year, no initiation fee. If you want no frills, check us out at littletonsportsmanclub.com.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom