Local Rock Island Armory Dealers?

I'm very curious in checking our an entry 1911. From what I have seen, and the reviews I have read, RIA is the way to go. I would be looking at a 9mm 1911 with a light rail. Just wondering if there is any local shops where I can put my hands on one. Also if anyone has any experience with them I would be really interested in hearing your take. Ps I'm in the south shore, Bridgewater area.

I'm looking to get a hammer fired gun so it is between a 1911 or a p226... very different guns, with very different price tags. Just doing my research before purchasing.

Thanks in advance!!

I think B&K and Shooting Supply are RIA dealers, not positive. If you want a hammer gun you should also check out a CZ. Many different to choose from. Plastics, steel, alloy compact and full size.

I have a RIA FS GI Model. I purchased it new as I wanted a 1911 and could not find a better price point. I have put a few thousand rounds through it with 0 issues. It shoots well and is very consistent.

Try GfaArms Tec in Natick MA. Greg has a good selection of 1911's.

RIA makes great stuff...my 1911 A1 has seen a lot of range time and is one of my favorites.

The RIA stuff in 45 acp seems solid but my 10mm needed major reworking to get reliable. In 9mm I would probably go with a Springfield or something w good track record. Switching to anything other than 45 in a 1911 is an invitation for reliability issues and manufacturer has to know what they’re doing.

I agree with the others on Springfield, they make great 1911’s. I can’t wait for them to make a trp full rail in 9mm

I’ve had no trouble at all with my nickel RIA 1911A1. Well, other than friendly ribbing at IDPA for shooting a pimp gun, but I don’t use it for IDPA anymore. ;)

C5069490-CE6F-4F0F-8359-268E1FC82ACF.jpeg

Patriot Arms in Ipswich always has a good inventory of RIA 1911’s. If it’s not there he will definitely get it for you and they are great guys in there!
Beat me to it. I just saw this thread and was going to recommend Patriot Arms as well.

Back
Top Bottom