Local RMRcc or RMSC cut for P365?

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Not sure where to put this. Looking to get a P365 milled for either an RMSC or RMRcc. Would rather give the business to a local shop before I look online. Any machinists on here who can do a good job on this request (ie. has done it before)? What's the damage?

Give greg derr a call, my guess is a min of $100 ?
Can you buy a slide already cut?
Heck i would be tempted to just buy another factory P365 with rail already cut?

Last edited:
Greg Derr does excellent work. Definitively give him a call or Email him, he is pretty quick replying to Email.

Thanks guys. I have the stock P365 already. Was looking to do a little transformation. Have an XL grip on the way and some of these extender things that take the stock P365 10rd mags and make them work in the P365xl grip, and thought maybe an optic would round out the package. But at the same time, I don't think I want to drop the money needed for an entirely new slide, so this might work.

Out of curiosity.. If you sold the reg 365 and grips and mag extender and bought the XL.. What would the cost difference be?

Out of curiosity.. If you sold the reg 365 and grips and mag extender and bought the XL.. What would the cost difference be?

I actually want to mess around with the short slide and longer grip. Also, if I can do this without having to get into transfers or buying a new gun, all the better. The slide cut is more an afterthought. But good point. It could very well be a wash as far as expense goes, but that would come with a hassle of selling and then sourcing a new P365XL free state in this climate.

I have a guy up in NH who can cut it for you and also do any sort of custom cutting you'd like.
I've had 3 guns done by him so far. You can PM me if interested.

You can tell him what you'd like to do and he'll send you a 3D PDF of it before he starts.
Keeping it local and personal. You drop the slide off to him in person and he'll get to in a week or so. Nice guy too.\

You are on your own with finishing though. I'm still working through finding the best finish (see my other thread in this forum)

This one was simple. He angle cut the top edge of the slide from the rear of the ejection port forward to the muzzle.
He also cut the optic for the Shield/Holosun fitment.

But I have had him do window cuts and serrations on another gun.

20201106_005454.jpg

Thank
I have a guy up in NH who can cut it for you and also do any sort of custom cutting you'd like.
I've had 3 guns done by him so far. You can PM me if interested.

You can tell him what you'd like to do and he'll send you a 3D PDF of it before he starts.
Keeping it local and personal. You drop the slide off to him in person and he'll get to in a week or so. Nice guy too.\

You are on your own with finishing though. I'm still working through finding the best finish (see my other thread in this forum)

This one was simple. He angle cut the top edge of the slide from the rear of the ejection port forward to the muzzle.
He also cut the optic for the Shield/Holosun fitment.

But I have had him do window cuts and serrations on another gun.

View attachment 408476

Thanks for the lead. Love that set up. Wish I could have Shield Arms mags in MA. Definitely would have a 43X if those 15rd mags were kosher here. But as a 10rd gun, I'd have a hard time justifying to myself to buy that while I already have a P365.

Not sure what I'm going to do regarding milling now. I want to do it, but it's a financial commitment between the milling and the RMR.

Thank

Thanks for the lead. Love that set up. Wish I could have Shield Arms mags in MA. Definitely would have a 43X if those 15rd mags were kosher here. But as a 10rd gun, I'd have a hard time justifying to myself to buy that while I already have a P365.

Not sure what I'm going to do regarding milling now. I want to do it, but it's a financial commitment between the milling and the RMR.
Oh I wasn't suggesting you buy the Glock.
Keep the p365 just get it milled.

I like the 365.

The RMRcc is very expensive. I went Holosun 507k. Haven't tested it yet but I like it better than my Shield RMS.

If you mill and coat and use a Holosun you would be done under $600 probably.

Oh I wasn't suggesting you buy the Glock.
Keep the p365 just get it milled.

I like the 365.

The RMRcc is very expensive. I went Holosun 507k. Haven't tested it yet but I like it better than my Shield RMS.

If you mill and coat and use a Holosun you would be done under $600 probably.
I have the HS507Cx2 on my G17 and love it.

Back
Top Bottom