• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Local Plating

I have a couple of guns that need plating. I want to do them in industrial hard chrome, also known as "Metalife". This has been my favorite finish for years due to its durability. Shipping a firearm has become quite expensive so I thought that a local plater could save me some $. So far, I have nor been able to locate a plater that does firearms within a reasonable distance to my home, Medford MA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Talk to local production machine shops and ask them who does their hard chrome.
My companys' shop sends out plating jobs all the time, Monday I'll ask the head of the model/machine shop who we would use... And it won't be too far from meffuh.

I had a number of items plated and re-plated by Cil Anodizing Inc they are located at 400 Canal St. Lawrence MA.cilinc.com is there web site. The do great work.

Gammon, the issue is a legal one for most platers. In order to do any work on a serialized firearm, you must have an FFL. I approached a few platers in my area who knew the law and just said no. I use a plater who specializes in firearms, but not the public. You could try Metaloy, they have a great reputation.

Back
Top Bottom