• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Local nickel platers?

Does anyone know of a local nickel plater, say maybe in mass or NH. I need quality work, i need an ak47 nickel plated in a few spots.

Does anyone know of a local nickel plater, say maybe in mass or NH. I need quality work, i need an ak47 nickel plated in a few spots.

Nickle plated AK? That's big pimpin'. [thumbsup]

My shop just installed an electroless nickel and gold plating line, I know we can do any aluminum but I don't know pricing and such, if there's any real interest I can see if the owner would be interested.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My shop just installed an electroless nickel and gold plating line, I know we can do any aluminum but I don't know pricing and such, if there's any real interest I can see if the owner would be interested.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

There is real interest, my ak is made from steel. Let me know if you could do it and how much. My budget is around 400$ for the plating.

I ran around looking for a local plater at one time. Problem was that they need an FFL to do the work, or they said they did which can be an issue. Have you done a search for firearms platers ?

[shocked] Never name you budget. Let the at least give you a quote first! Damn!
i have a few quotes already, if i don't like their price i move on to someone i didn't tell my budget to.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran around looking for a local plater at one time. Problem was that they need an FFL to do the work, or they said they did which can be an issue. Have you done a search for firearms platers ?
I honestly have no idea about this, i wasn't planning on having to deal with any restrictions.

Years ago I used mystic plating in Malden. Not sure if they're still around.

Appears that they are no longer around, and the old site may actually be some sort of hazmat site now....

OP: If you find one, please let the rest of the class know.

Plating is going the way of Blacksmithing.

The EPA and others have regulated them out of business

Most plating shops I was dealing with were older operations that had their tanks held together with duct tape and lock wire

the old facilities were grandfathered, the new facilities are cost prohibitive due to the regulations related to the heavy metals in the process and treating the waste water.

Back
Top Bottom