• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Local homeowner holds burglar at gunpoint

PELHAM, N.H. -- Police in Pelham said a local homeowner held a burglar at gunpoint early Wednesday morning until police arrived.

Police said a Sherburne Road resident confronted a man who broke into a locked shed beside the home at about 9:30 a.m. The homeowner took away the man's car keys and then called police. When the man began banging on the door demanding his car keys, the homeowner used an unloaded shotgun to hold him at bay until police arrived.

Police charged Joseph Guillemette, 18, of Pelham, with burglary. He was arraigned in Salem District Court and ordered held at the Valley Street jail on $100,000 cash bail. [grin]

If you had a shotgun pointed at you (not knowing if it was loaded or not), would you try to move?...Go ahead, I dare you!

Some perps will call your bluff, as they may not have anything to lose.

Maybe that's why my HD handgun has 14 in the mag, one on the chamber, hammer down and safety off (DA/SA) and my HD carbine has 28 in the mag, chamber empty, bolt closed, and safety on.

I won't be bluffing.

Some perps will call your bluff, as they may not have anything to lose.

Absolutely. Introducing a gun into the confrontation changes the dynamic completely. If the situation requires a gun at all, it requires a loaded one.

Pelham burglar arrested after being held at gunpoint by homeowner

By JIM DEVINE
Union Leader Correspondent
9 hours, 26 minutes ago

Pelham – Police arrested an 18-year-old for burglary after a Sherburne Road homeowner took his car keys and held him at gunpoint until police could arrive.

Police said the homeowner discovered Joseph Guillemette of Pelham entering a locked shed on his property at 89 Sherburne Road yesterday morning.

Police said Guillemette allegedly drove down the property's long, secluded driveway and backed up his car to the shed.

It was there the homeowner confronted him. He took Guillemette's car keys and went back into the house to call police.

When Guillemette began banging on the door of the house to get his keys back, the homeowner told police he used an unloaded shotgun to force him away from the house.

He detained Guillemette until police could arrive.

Guillemette was arraigned at Salem District Court yesterday and was ordered held on $100,000 cash bail at the Valley Street Jail.

A little more detail above. I am just in the next town over and Pelham seems to have an increasing crime problem with a number of home invasions, drug busts, prostitution busts etc recently.

Thankfully if someone tried that here things would been a little different - I would have a notification that someone entered my driveway, I would see them on camera, and I would call the local police instead of confronting them myself. If they then broke into my house then it would be a loaded firearm I would be defending myself with.

um... I guess I would have to say my only concern is the "unloaded" part.

A sane person faced with a shotgun would surely comply, but with criminals, you have no way of knowing that.

Me personally, it would have been loaded.

I might tell the interviewer of the situation that I didn't have the shotgun loaded too.
I wouldn't want my actions construed in any way to be thought of as bringing a gun to a shed fight.

Back
Top Bottom