• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Local gun store; you're not driving a truck through its doors.

allen-1

NES Member
I stopped by one of my local gun stores this morning. They build precision firearms, like seriously precision firearms. I'm pretty much of a hack with a rifle, so I haven't been there before. However, they're now milling pistol slides for optics, and make a really nice adapter plate - I stopped by there this morning to drop off one of my G34s and a new Trijicon SRO.

Side note - the only reason I knew about these guys is that they're a sponsor for my local matches, and I spoke to the owner last week at a match after our MD introduced him.

I've read stories about people busting through the doors of gun shops using trucks; apparently Buck isn't having any of that crap at his business, that blue cube is painted concrete. c&h1.jpg c&h2.jpg

How tough would it be to run a truck through the windows on either side of the door ???
I doubt the walls below and beside the windows contain large I-beams that'll stop a truck.

I don't know. That thought occurred to me also after I cropped and posted the picture.

They're not a "gun store" per-se, they don't have a lot of firearms in stock, none on display in the front. They build "precision firearms".

Ortiz's shop in downtown Savannah has concrete bollards in front of his entire store front.

Ok what's stopping a nerdowell from stealing a 3/4 ton truck hooking a chain to that concrete cube and yanking it south of the entrance, then ramming said truck thru the doors if the windows weren't a viable option. Loud and punishing but very effective! if you can steal a truck what keeps anyone from stealing a chain also.

Ok what's stopping a nerdowell from stealing a 3/4 ton truck hooking a chain to that concrete cube and yanking it south of the entrance, then ramming said truck thru the doors if the windows weren't a viable option. Loud and punishing but very effective! if you can steal a truck what keeps anyone from stealing a chain also.

A manual transmission.

How do you like the SRO? I'm still deciding what to put on my G17

I've got a Trijicon RMR on a slide for my G17. I like it a lot. I've had it for about two years (?) now, and I've shot IDPA, USPSA, SC, pins and plates with it.
Everything that I've read about the SRO says that it's just as good, but with an improved field of vision. Faster acquisition of the dot, less "dot wiggle" trying to find the dot.

The SRO came in Friday, I swapped it out with the RMR and played with it on my G17, doing dryfire. I like it but that's very limited testing.
So, the RMR on the 17 becomes a "backup", and the SRO on the 34 becomes the "primary".

The G34 and SRO should be back by the end of next week, (hopefully sooner). They've got to mill it, cerakote the slide and fit the SRO to it. When It comes back I'll take it to the range and shoot it side by side with the G17 RMR.

One other thought - I've got a couple other handguns with optics, mostly Burris Fastfire's and a couple of tubes. The Trijicon RMR/SRO is a LOT more money, but it's a lot better optic.

Back
Top Bottom