Local Denial by WPD

Has anyone in RI been denied by WPD to purchase a pistol but not been denied by another PD? I was told I should check with the PD to see why but I have heard stories about WPD.

Sorry, Woonsocket PD.

Had unrestricted LTC in MA which was suspended pending a case, that was dismissed on all charges. I have never been convicted of any crimes, accused and did a CWOF which resulted in probation then dismissal. No restraining orders, haven't been dishonorably discharged from the military. The guy said I should contact Woonsocket PD but I know someone who had to say he lived in Barrington just to get his CCW because Woonsocket wouldn't issue him one. I obviously have my blue card.

It should not matter where you buy the pistol since the State background check is supposed to go to the local PD where the buyer lives (or the State Police).
You should be entitled to know why you were denied, Did they not tell you why you were denied?

Last edited:
I was not told why, they said to check with the local PD. I am sure it is because the case I had in MA. Maybe it is best to take the course and handle things with MA first? Even though the charges were dismissed my property was still destroyed. I have been in touch with a lawyer so its the waiting game now. I don't live in Woonsocket, Providence is where I reside for now.

Back
Top Bottom