• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Local break-ins...

lemonlime571

Army Veteran
At two pm got a message from the local PD that someone posing as a state employee has been knocking on doors and asking the residents to come outside while they "inspect" the house for various reasons. Then they will let a second person in the back and ransack the place while the resident is out front waiting.

Just woke up to a tapping outside, internal oh shit meter going off. Jumped out of bed and opened the safe......... There is nothing more calming than the sight of eight trijcon night sights gleaming at you. I cased the house and all is well.... Prob just rain on the deck. I'll sleep with the windows open tonight.....

Its amazing there are people clueless enough to fall for something like that. "You want in? Get a warrant! Now get lost because I'm calling the police."

Its one of the old scams that has been run by gypsies who pass through the area every couple years. It usually targets the elderly and involves the first scammer often discussing gutters and drainage systems and leading the homeowner on a walk around the outside of the home, while the second scammer enters the home.

6 houses up last Tuesday at 10am. two guys ring the doorbell and ask the neighbor if they can use her garden hose to 'take a shower' in her driveway..????
they drove away before the law arrived

peaceful homeless will often sneak into yards and shower by hose and fill up their water bottles.

Neighbor 1/4 mile away got burgled last week. The house next door was having roof work done - workers looked like illegal aliens. This is a summer house - once the guys knew nobody was coming and going every day they probably took a nice lunch break.

For the first time ever, I'm locking the doors at night.

Neighbor 1/4 mile away got burgled last week. The house next door was having roof work done - workers looked like illegal aliens. This is a summer house - once the guys knew nobody was coming and going every day they probably took a nice lunch break.

For the first time ever, I'm locking the doors at night.

This is one of the typical ways burglaries happen. You - or a neighbor - bring workers into the neighborhood, who then look around at either your house or the neighbors houses and see that people have some nice stealable, fencable "stuff". Then either those same workers, their friends, or some guy who overhears a conversation those workers are having down at the bar about how much nice stuff you have - show up at your house, or your neighbors house(s) and steal your stuff.

My house looks like a piece of crap. Because I am in the middle of renovations. I do almost all the work myself because I do not like inviting people into the house. Sometimes I wonder if I should leave the house looking like this to keep the Obama enabled masses away from redistributing my wealth.

found out the guys who went to the house up the street were coming from a meth house in the next neighborhood. The LEO next door has been running plates on any strange cars on the street [smile].

DEA is involved.....this'll get interesting,..film at 11

someone posing as a state employee has been knocking on doors and asking the residents to come outside while they "inspect" the house for various reasons.

Only in Massachusetts does this cover story sound entirely plausible...I would assume it was somebody from the Mass. Ministry of Truth who would like to search my house for books not on the Roster of Approved Literature, and complying with Attorney General regulations... that or maybe I bought more than one book in a month.

Just say no to meth.

"Sniff sniff.... whats that smell... smells like a meth lab. "

"Hey kids, do you want to see some fireworks? See that ratty trailer across the street with the open window? I have this thing I bought at wal mart in the boating department... I'm going to fire it into that window... "

[rofl]

"Sniff sniff.... whats that smell... smells like a meth lab. "

"Hey kids, do you want to see some fireworks? See that ratty trailer across the street with the open window? I have this thing I bought at wal mart in the boating department... I'm going to fire it into that window... "

[rofl]

Awesome! [laugh]

You'd make a great neighbor!

Back
Top Bottom