Loading plated bullets

Can someone tell me which data to use for plated bullets? my Lee and Lyman manuals only list jacketed and cast lead bullets and I'm not sure what to use.

Thank You Todd

According to Berry's Mfg. their plated bullets should be used with mid range jacketed bullet loads. I use their 350 gr. 500 SW bullet and Rainier's 335 gr plated bullet. I load them to about 1500 fps with outstanding accuracy and no problems. Don't bother checking, neither company will ship to Ma. Dillon carries both but they no longer ship components to Ma thanks to our AG

same here, i use Berrys 124gr 9mm round nose with 5gr of silhouette. 4.9 is the min load and 5.4 is the max on ramshots website.

From Berry's website:

"Plated bullets occupy a position between cast bullets and jacketed bullets. They are soft
lead, but have a hard outer shell on them. When loading plated bullets we have found best
results using low- to mid-range jacketed data in the load manual. You must use data for a
bullet that has the same weight and profile as the one you are loading. Do not exceed
mid-range loads. Do not use magnum loads."

I use lead loads for plated bullets.

I use Frontier Bullets and they are primo.

I sent an e-mail to Frontier about what data to use with their bullets and here is their reply.

Good day Peter,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to any powders apart from the South African Somchem powders.

Treat the bullets the same as any FMJ bullet of the same weight and load according to the data of the powder manufacturers.

Please let us know how you are doing and once you have worked out your loads?

Kind regards,

Susan Economakis

Frontier Metal Processing

Can someone tell me which data to use for plated bullets? my Lee and Lyman manuals only list jacketed and cast lead bullets and I'm not sure what to use.

Thank You Todd

Todd,
Maybe you can tell us what caliber and bullet type you are planning to use for plated bullets and we could offer some more useful advice based on that information???

-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom