• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Loaded my first rounds

Thanks to wmmcurdy I loaded my first 21 rounds ever on Thursday night.

Tested 10 out today. I still have all my fingers and my Glock has not blown up.

I'm so psyched.

I remember years ago bringing my first reloads to the range. The first time I pulled the trigger I was so nervous. They all went bang and always worked. Good job UnderWhere...

You getting to any USPSA matches this year?

Thanks to wmmcurdy I loaded my first 21 rounds ever on [STRIKE]Thursday[/STRIKE] Saturday night.

Tested 10 out today. I still have all my fingers and my Glock has not blown up.

I'm so psyched.

Fixed that for you.

You're so excited about loading your first rounds, you forgot what day it was. [smile]

I'm glad they worked, now you'll have 1000 rounds by the end of the week.

I remember years ago bringing my first reloads to the range. The first time I pulled the trigger I was so nervous. They all went bang and always worked. Good job UnderWhere...

You getting to any USPSA matches this year?
USPSA? We'll see about that. I wanted to make expert in IDPA first and then swing my way over to USPSA. Reloading will help.

Fixed that for you.

You're so excited about loading your first rounds, you forgot what day it was. [smile]

I'm glad they worked, now you'll have 1000 rounds by the end of the week.

Oops yeah. I don't know what I was thinking.

I can't even remember the COF when it's told to me 5 seconds before shooting.
I don't want to enter into another realm just yet.

I need to find some 147gr FMJ's somewhere for a decent price.

Huh? Why not do both? Some people... ahem, like Pete, are very biased. Each teaches you a lot.

Nothing to remember in USAPS. COF is almost always "Start in Box A, shoot them as you see them."

[rofl] Yeah... sometimes twice as much to remember. 147s at a decent price... again: [rofl]

Loaded 24 rounds tonight. Missed one because I didn't match up the new primers to cases.

A new primer came up when there was no case and then I lost it.

I almost double charged a cartridge but I saw it, and got to test my powder check system (which worked).

I did that by forgetting to place a bullet on a few rounds...so I pulled them out.
When I ran out of primers I stuck them back in through station 2 and ran them through again (not realizing at the time that I'd be double charging them.

Learning

Yeah... when you first start reloading there seems to be alot going on. When I started I remember focusing so much on the powder charges I'd forget to seat a primer or two... what a mess. But I'd MUCH rather have that than a double charge! Be careful!

What press did you end up buying? Just take your time until you know what is going on and can run the machine blind folded. Then get yourself a Dillon 1050 and a K.I.S.S. bullet feeder and you can crank out 100 rounds in 2 minutes.... HAHA

What press did you end up buying? Just take your time until you know what is going on and can run the machine blind folded. Then get yourself a Dillon 1050 and a K.I.S.S. bullet feeder and you can crank out 100 rounds in 2 minutes.... HAHA

I got a 650 with case feeder. No strong mount and roller handle.

Maybe someday a 1050 and bullet feeder. Not yet. I've spent over 2k and all I have to show for it are 45 finished rounds.

So far each round cost me $45.

fired 24 rounds range tonight. 10 fingers still exist.

I promptly came home (passing Four Seasons) and made another 71 rounds at a slightly higher charge.
I didn't have to stop in for Ammo at $17 a box.

I love this!!

Do you have a chrono?

No not yet.

I was going to have my brother stand next to the muzzle and when i take a shot have him run towards the berm. Measure distance traveled and divide by stupidity = FPS.

Any recommendations on one? Was looking on midway today.

I think for IDPA I want to try 147 grain which I don't have yet.

These 115's I want to make similar to factory Winchester which should be just over 1200 fps.

No not yet.

I was going to have my brother stand next to the muzzle and when i take a shot have him run towards the berm. Measure distance traveled and divide by stupidity = FPS.

Any recommendations on one? Was looking on midway today.

I think for IDPA I want to try 147 grain which I don't have yet.

These 115's I want to make similar to factory Winchester which should be just over 1200 fps.

De- if you really want to get one... I got a CED ProChrono I think. Around $100 and works great. If you want I can meet you at the range before next practice or something. Make a few batches- run all the tests at once. When you have what you want- start cranking them out.

I like 147gr, some like the 124gr... only way to find out it is to make a batch.

De- if you really want to get one... I got a CED ProChrono I think. Around $100 and works great. If you want I can meet you at the range before next practice or something. Make a few batches- run all the tests at once. When you have what you want- start cranking them out.

I like 147gr, some like the 124gr... only way to find out it is to make a batch.

I may take you up on that. I will probably order one this week but it'll take a while to get to me.

I love this!!!

I went to the range for the 2nd time today. Made 30 rounds in 10 minutes before I left.

I shot 100 rounds, came home and then made another 80.

This is so much fun.

I love this!!!

I went to the range for the 2nd time today. Made 30 rounds in 10 minutes before I left.

I shot 100 rounds, came home and then made another 80.

This is so much fun.

I think I know what "stage" you're at. When I started reloading, I got to a point for a little while where I was going to the range just to shoot some ammo so I'd have some brass to load up. My groups really sucked then.

Just wait till you start shooting 30,000 rounds a year and reloading isn't as fun anymore. At least you got a machine that is capable of producing some serious ammo.

Back
Top Bottom