• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Loaded handgun found on the side of the road in Wareham

Wait, a LOADED handgun was openly in public and it did not kill a bus load of nuns and orphans, let alone a single person? The restraint that firearm showed, how could it have suppressed the bloodlust for so long?

Thugs get their guns from a river in Chi-Raq.

The river of illegal weapons running through the streets of Chicago, as elsewhere, is fed by many tributaries. Those who help legally made guns flow into illegal hands include a small minority of crooked gun dealers, gunrunners who bring in weapons bought in the suburbs or out of state, brigades of burglars and flea-market traders who are happy to sell to any customer.

"notified that a loaded 9mm black handgun was found by a citizen walking on the Joseph Grassia Bridge"

Someone tried to get rid of it by throwing it off the bridge but needs more practice at throwing?

"notified that a loaded 9mm black handgun was found by a citizen walking on the Joseph Grassia Bridge"

Someone tried to get rid of it by throwing it off the bridge but needs more practice at throwing?

That's what I was thinking as well....

I don't know this area, and what type of gun it was, but maybe they were out jogging/ running and fell out of their pocket somehow? The link won't work for me.

Some people have all the luck...I found a penny today! hopefully I don't swallow it.

Remember, under MGL any property worth more than $3 must be turned over to the local PD and becomes the property of the founder if not claimed within a specific time (I think it's 30 days).

Chances are a found handgun would be worth more than $3.

Semi-serious question... Do you clear it and walk it into the local copshop, call it in and stand over it until it's picked up, etc?
"Finders keepers" jokes aside, I wouldn't want a gun in my safe (or even possession[tinfoil]) if the some police agency is looking for its' ballistic match.

Semi-serious question... Do you clear it and walk it into the local copshop, call it in and stand over it until it's picked up, etc?
"Finders keepers" jokes aside, I wouldn't want a gun in my safe (or even possession[tinfoil]) if the some police agency is looking for its' ballistic match.

I'd like to say just pick it up, make it safe, and bring it in.

But in today's Massachusetts I doubt that is a wise course of action.

Yea, I'd probably stand there and call the cops to be honest. Chances of finding an unfired Stainless S&W 1911e on the roadside are pretty slim.

I don't know this area, and what type of gun it was, but maybe they were out jogging/ running and fell out of their pocket somehow? The link won't work for me.

definite possibility as well. If so I feel bad for that person.

Remember, under MGL any property worth more than $3 must be turned over to the local PD and becomes the property of the founder if not claimed within a specific time (I think it's 30 days).

Chances are a found handgun would be worth more than $3.
If they want to, they can have ATF run a trace. Once that is done, you could never have the gun or never even be told why not, since disclosing anything would "Compromise an ongoing investigation". Ask me how I know. Jack.

I'd like to say just pick it up, make it safe, and bring it in.

But in today's Massachusetts I doubt that is a wise course of action.

Yeah best not to touch especially if it was used in a crime don't Wang to be associated with the thing in any way

Back
Top Bottom