LMT Owners

Asaltweapon

NES Member
I bought a LMT years ago in 556 with the intent of having a barrel or three as that's what the design was all about.
My question is what barrels have you bought and why?

I got the urge to buy something and I don't need another firearm in this state.

If I am reading your post correctly--you are asking people with 1 lower (and multiple uppers) what their recommendations might be for various additional uppers--correct?

I think he is probably talking about the LMT MWS system, but maybe not?
The LMT design allows just a barrel change by removing one screw and loosening the other using the same upper. All sorts of caliber options are available like 6.8, 300BLK, .204 Ruger and others.
300 is out as I have a dedicated model.

The LMT design allows just a barrel change by removing one screw and loosening the other using the same upper. All sorts of caliber options are available like 6.8, 300BLK, .204 Ruger and others.
300 is out as I have a dedicated model.

Neat - I would go with .243 or .204 Ruger if it were me

Sorry, thought was about owning a Licensed Massage Therapist. That’s racis these days so I let them go all after they finished making a few more pairs of jeans for me.

I would go 204 Ruger because I hunt and would take it out for Coyote. Really cool round, expensive to shoot but 4000+ fps, 300+yds easy to drop a Coyote dead and not totally destroy the pelt.
Interesting. That’s something I want to do. What length? Optics?
I have several friends who are registered guides but have not spoken to them yet on calibers.

I have them all , the best money spent was on the lightweight 308 barrel , cause that guns a tank
Correct me if I’m wrong BUT a 308 is not fitting in a AR15 lower last I knew.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I stated I have them ALL

And basically the original caliber is , in my opinion , the best option which brings up the option of multiple different barrels in the original caliber , you could go 14.5 in the 5.56 and have a lighter platform or 20” for something with a little more velocity and accuracy , or even their SS 5r cut match barrel if you want to really reach out accurately

I have 3 rifles and 9 barrels but tend to favor the “as originally built” calibers of 308 and 556 but with different profiles than “as built”

They were suppose to come out with a long action in 300 win mag , glad it never materialized because I really don’t want to spend any more money

Interesting. That’s something I want to do. What length? Optics?
I have several friends who are registered guides but have not spoken to them yet on calibers.

Sorry I missed the follow-up questions here. For .204 Ruger barrel lengths are often between 20" and 24". I haven't looked on lMT;s sight to see what length their 204 barrel is but would be surprised if i wasn't within this range. And then for optics, whatever you can afford.

Back
Top Bottom