• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Living near a college campus in MA

I am considering putting in an offer on a property that is literally a stones-throw away from a major university. The way it is laid out I can assume that CCW in the area could be a tricky proposition. I have no intention to ever set foot on campus but since the university is fairly spread out, is there a reasonable way to determine what is considered college property?

Also, are there any issues I am going to run into with regards to storage and proximity?

guns aside, why would you want to live next door to a college? To each their own, but I'd put some thought into it. The noise and partying might get annoying, down the line a bunch of your neighbors could move out and rent their houses to off campus students turning the neighborhood into party central...

I live near a college, not noisy, but them tying up traffic while they cross the street pisses me off!!!

Sometimes I think the $100 fine for hitting them is a bargain!

Try asking people in Amherst who live real close to ZooMass how they like it?

On second thought, nevermind. Most people in that city are moonbats anyway.

I live near a college, not noisy, but them tying up traffic while they cross the street pisses me off!!!

Sometimes I think the $100 fine for hitting them is a bargain!

Boston, corner of Huntington and Mass Ave, trying to take a right turn and get the he11 out of the city. Three light cycles of pedestrians running in front of me caused me to feel "inspired..." V6 compact pickup truck with an empty bed and a five speed. I spent all the remaining tread on my rear tires doing that brake stand, Northeastern and Berkeley students diving for the curbstones while smokescreened the whole intersection and fishtailed the corner. [rofl] Glad there were no po po around.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen some of these college girls these days?

Yeah - You can't tell the difference between a college senior and a high school freshmen. "Pardon me, miss... Can I check your ID before I stare at your butt?"

Boston, corner of Huntington and Mass Ave, trying to take a right turn and get the he11 out of the city. Three light cycles of pedestrians running in front of me caused me to feel "inspired..." V6 compact pickup truck with an empty bed and a five speed. I spent all the remaining tread on my rear tires doing that brake stand, Northeastern and Berkeley students diving for the curbstones while smokescreened the whole intersection and fishtailed the corner. [rofl] Glad there were no po po around"

No kidding, in my town we have a stupid crossing light. It turns red so they can walk across... BUT no matter what, they do anyway. I want to mess with them. Do the old stop at the last second and flail about in the car looking like I'm frightened I almost hit them. And too bad for antilock brakes if you know what i mean...

I thing instead of the normal beep of a horn, I need it to play a skidding noise.... Or maybe just get air horns...

Have you seen some of these college girls these days?

resized_joseph-ducreux-meme-generator-fornicate-women-acquire-currency-set-shrubbery-ablaze-14a8f5.jpg

Yeah - You can't tell the difference between a college senior and a high school freshmen. "Pardon me, miss... Can I check your ID before I stare at your butt?"

that's when you get a part time weekend job at a liquor store down the road, easy to spot fake id's and people using them. it's win win baby.

Boston, corner of Huntington and Mass Ave, trying to take a right turn and get the he11 out of the city. Three light cycles of pedestrians running in front of me caused me to feel "inspired..."]

Problem is throughout the day half the people driving through the city ignore the walk signals and no turn on red signs. So if you're a pedestrian you HAVE TO JAYWALK most of the time because the white stick figure guys MEANS NOTHING! Many of the pedestrian "beg" buttons don't work either.

Boston, corner of Huntington and Mass Ave, trying to take a right turn and get the he11 out of the city. Three light cycles of pedestrians running in front of me caused me to feel "inspired..." V6 compact pickup truck with an empty bed and a five speed. I spent all the remaining tread on my rear tires doing that brake stand, Northeastern and Berkeley students diving for the curbstones ....
Pretty dramatic. I've made that turn 100 times without any problem.

If I was going to strafe anyone, it would be city bus drivers. There are turnouts all over the city for buses. Do they use them? No - they just stop in the lane, blocking traffic.

Fairly certain you can download the campus maps online. I live close to Tufts as well and it's always seemed fairly easy to avoid the campus.

Back
Top Bottom