• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Living in New Hampshire

I moved to NH in July of 2012. I must say that I love living in NH. I can shoot in my back yard and walk to the lake. I am surrounded with the most beautiful scenery and wildlife I could have imagined. I live on the outskirts of the town so it has that secluded feel without being in the middle of nowhere. I only have three acres but I'm on a corner lot and there is so much land around me that it feels like much more. It's a small town and I have yet to meet an azzhole, I am serious. People here are as solid as the day is long. I feel like I have stepped back to a better place in time. As I have said many times here, moving here was the best gift I have given myself. I only wish I had done it sooner. I could go on but I won't, you get the picture. I:emoji_hearts:NH

Last edited:
I live in Salem (North Methuen) and shoot and hunt in my backyard. I believe the 300' rule does not come into play if you are on your own property, regardless of how close a neighbors house is. Common sense would apply here. deer.JPG

I live in Salem (North Methuen) and shoot and hunt in my backyard. I believe the 300' rule does not come into play if you are on your own property, regardless of how close a neighbors house is. Common sense would apply here.
If you live in a "compact part", the 300 foot rule (specifically RSA 644:13) absolutely does come into play on your own property, though this may change in 2019 under HB 1380, filed last month by two Libertarian party state reps.

I like it so much I sell property here!!

But seriously, we moved here in 2012 and I can't imagine moving anywhere else. I went to school in Denver and while I enjoyed living there I found myself missing being near the ocean. The mountains were amazing but unless NH somehow turns into MA I'll be here till I get my viking funeral.

Back
Top Bottom