• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Live from the Rally

We are NRA activists?

You're just a bunch of brainless stooges doing whatever Massachusetts NRA leader Wallace tells you to do. It's the same 80 people who show up at every rally around the country. You're no better than Acorn protesters except for the part where you believe what you're rallying for, didn't get a free lunch and cell phone, and have a job you had to take time off from to attend today.

/sarcasm

We are NRA activists?

Yes, essentially. Not because you necessarily care about the organization, but because the organization itself is only relevant because people like those at the rally care about their second amendment rights. "Gun Rights" aren't popular because of a well-funded NRA, rather a well-funded NRA exists and is in the fight because gun rights are popular. So when you hear them call you "NRA activists", just mentally translate to "citizens interested in preserving their civil rights from government intrusion". Don't worry - both are just as bad in their mind.

Uhhh. Let me get this straight. You are for violently ill individuals who have already been deemed dangerous and likely to hurt others having access to guns?

Is that what I said?

1.) I'm not for sharing medical records with the Feds
2.) I could deem everyone who owns a firearm dangerous. That doesn't make it true.

This is a disaster waiting to happen. Once againGOAL has expressed its willingness to sell out its members for scraps from the table. They are traitors to the cause and I strongly suggest people stop donating.

20130403_120641_zps1fb1a7fa.jpg

20130403_131211_zpsdc0748ee.jpg

20130403_131241_zpsc436fc12.jpg

20130403_131251_zpsf70b3f0f.jpg

20130403_132119_zps5069ecf6.jpg

20130403_115554_zpsb22757c9.jpg

20130403_115541_zpsc64f8e17.jpg

20130403_120727_zpsb090e25f.jpg

20130403_131153_zpsefa3ff7f.jpg

20130403_132059_zps97cae578.jpg

Athens_Beach_volleyball_Cheerleaders_03_display_image.jpg

20130403_132112_zpse54d5d8e.jpg

20130403_132128_zpscc08bf0b.jpg

20130403_132352_zpsdbebbd90.jpg

20130403_132732_zps879e6c42.jpg

20130403_132839_zps186ff9e2.jpg

20130403_132843_zps701dd91f.jpg

20130403_132851_zps644fca7a.jpg

One of the pictures wasn't really taken at the rally, just seeing if you're paying attention.

Back on topic: as I listened to June 4th speak(another very good speech) I found myself thinking, "okay, we're about three rallies away from being charged with sedition.

Although, when put in perspective, he didn't come close to the guy on wwlp this morning calling for all gun owners to be executed.

With the wind it felt colder than the January Rally. The sound system and speakers were all good. The crowd was difficult to judge at first, but when everyone started marching towards the state house, it was pretty impressive. I'd say there were definitely more people at this rally than the last.

I made my way into the state house and met with my representative Marc Lombardo. He's Pro 2A, and said that these grassroots things that we're doing really are going to make a difference. I tried to meet with my Senator, but he was in a hearing. I left a message and my business card. I'd like to have a reasonable discussion with anyone willing to listen.

Thanks to all who attended. I'll see you at the next rally! Keep writing, keep calling, keep emailing and keep pushing. Don't let the pressure off.

rally1.jpg

Just before I left the state house, ~1:50, some guys runs by and yells something like, "why don't you go kill more children!" at the people milling about in front of the state house.

It's good to know the other side has a reasoned argument.

He was last seen heading towards Cambridge !

**** GOAL.

Wallace said he would consider backing Patrick's call for sharing mental health information
with the federal government if the bill was rewritten to include only
those people who had been determined by the courts to be a danger to
themselves or others.

GOAL and Jim Wallace are so far gone. They mind as well team up the Jesse Cohen.

Back on topic: as I listened to June 4th speak(another very good speech) I found myself thinking, "okay, we're about three rallies away from being charged with sedition.

Although, when put in perspective, he didn't come close to the guy on wwlp this morning calling for all gun owners to be executed.

Thank you! I tamed down the tune a bit as I was trying to keep the speech short last night. So if I understand you correctly, the Lexington event I should come out swinging? [wink]

I already got my first NICS delay: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/200997-nics-check-delayed.html The delay was straighten out yesterday. Pretty sure I'm climbing up the 'list', you know.

I'd say there were definitely more people at this rally than the last.

I'd have to disagree on that point. I put the last one at well over 2,000. This one was about half that. (Considering this one was held on a Wednesday vs a Saturday that's a comparable turnout.)

Thank you! I tamed down the tune a bit as I was trying to keep the speech short last night. So if I understand you correctly, the Lexington event I should come out swinging? [wink]

I already got my first NICS delay: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/200997-nics-check-delayed.html The delay was straighten out yesterday. Pretty sure I'm climbing up the 'list', you know.

Great speech (again) today.

I know you covered it in the speech on Jan. 19th, but I think that it is worth repeating your experience in your native country with respect to lack of liberty, in particular the right to defend oneself. I am sure that there were many of us in attendance today that know this thanks to your moving speech in January, but it is a powerful message to those that maybe didn't catch that speech or even better for the news media that weren't in attendance in January.

WBZ radio played a very small clip of your speech, the part about your six year old shooting the bad guys. They must not have though the rest was inportant. [rolleyes]

At least I heard the whole thing. Good job again.[thumbsup]

I'm glad I went. I did meet up with Senator Marty Walsh who just announced he was running for Mayor of Boston. He talked to a few guys from Spencer and from behind him, I piped up that I was from Hyde Park. The man who just announced he was running for Mayor didn't hesitate to turn around and listen. Senator Walsh mentioned his association with ATTY Karen McNutt and his GOAL rating. The Senator believes that mental health checks are going to be made into law, although he thinks passing new "gun laws" won't happen in mASS for a while. I expressed my concerns regarding that matter as well as the other topics on the GOAL printout. He thanked me for coming in to "lobby" on this issue. My fellow rally pal and I headed down to see our State Rep but ended up leaving our contact information along with the GOAL talking point print out.
I think the turnout was very good, especially for a week day rally. I estimate about 1200 2A people.
Best regards.

You gave another great speech today. I consider myself fortunate to have heard both of them and I look forward to more.

Back
Top Bottom