Live free or die !

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't agree more with relying heavily on their "Live free or Die" motto. I was just on I-89 last weekend heading home from Montreal and I saw the sign. That attitude in NH is what makes the state great in my opinion.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But some people would rather see something a little less, well, belligerent.

"I think that's an in-your-face motto. It's misinterpreted. It's out of context. That's not who we are," said state Rep. Tim Robertson, a Democrat.
Oh my god...

SKS Ray

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The people who have mixed feelings towards that motto have never been gun owners behind the Iron Curtain here in Teddy-ville.

KMaurer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe, in light of all the concern with illigal immigrants, they ought to ask their voters who grew up in SE Asia, Eastern Europe or some similar country where freedom was at best a big joke, then managed to come here legally and become citizens. Bet they'd get a distinctly different take on the motto. Some things can easily appear to be in-your-face or a bit over-the-top when you've become so jaded that you forget what they really mean.

Ken

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone not coming to New Hampshire because the welcome sign say's "Live free or die" is probably a good thing. That likely means they don't like the sentiment, so I won't mind at all if they decide to stay away because of it.

It could act as a sort of filter.
[smile]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am very much for the "LIVE FREE OR DIE",but if they change it,i think they should go with this-"WELCOME TO NEW HAMPSHIRE,NOW GO HOME"[smile]

now that could be considered-a your face motto....

Top Bottom