Live auction of firearms in Deerfield Mass this Tuesday (Nov 26, 2019)

I hate those type of auctions.

Years ago - maybe 25 - there was this old house and barn in Easton that was being sold and they were auctioning off the contents. The auctioneer was. . . . um, let's say he belonged selling high-end furniture or something.

So the first is a lot of books. Basically a banker's box of random books. RANDOM BOOKS! Stuffed in there. How are you supposed to know what's in there. People start bidding. Then there is an issue of whether they are bidding on that box or ALL of hte boxes. Or if the seller can take ALL of the boxes at that box-price. No. That box. Single lot.

FINALLY, the one guy wins. After 2 minutes. Final bid was $8 or something. Because it's a banker's box of random hardcover books from the 60's and 70's.

Auctioneer: "OK, you can pick any one box."

Guy looks at him like he's got 3 heads.

"You have the right to take ANY one box for that price."

"But I bid on this one."

"But you can take any of them."

"I wanted this one."

"Are you sure?"

"YES!"

"Because you can take any. . . "

I left. Right then and there. It was crappy books. Should have sold teh whole 30 boxes (no lie!) as one lot. If it was going to take 5 minutes per lot, we weren't going to get to any real furniture and such (which is what I was hoping for) for hours.

65 different $25 guns would have driven me absolutely crazy.

I hate those type of auctions.

Years ago - maybe 25 - there was this old house and barn in Easton that was being sold and they were auctioning off the contents. The auctioneer was. . . . um, let's say he belonged selling high-end furniture or something.

So the first is a lot of books. Basically a banker's box of random books. RANDOM BOOKS! Stuffed in there. How are you supposed to know what's in there. People start bidding. Then there is an issue of whether they are bidding on that box or ALL of hte boxes. Or if the seller can take ALL of the boxes at that box-price. No. That box. Single lot.

FINALLY, the one guy wins. After 2 minutes. Final bid was $8 or something. Because it's a banker's box of random hardcover books from the 60's and 70's.

Auctioneer: "OK, you can pick any one box."

Guy looks at him like he's got 3 heads.

"You have the right to take ANY one box for that price."

"But I bid on this one."

"But you can take any of them."

"I wanted this one."

"Are you sure?"

"YES!"

"Because you can take any. . . "

I left. Right then and there. It was crappy books. Should have sold teh whole 30 boxes (no lie!) as one lot. If it was going to take 5 minutes per lot, we weren't going to get to any real furniture and such (which is what I was hoping for) for hours.

65 different $25 guns would have driven me absolutely crazy.
They weren't all $25 guns, look at the catalog, there were some nice ones and they went for good prices. I regret dropping out of a couple of them.

Back
Top Bottom