• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Littleton Residents - We need your help!!! - FFL Attack underway

You mean you can't sell it to a developer to 40B a skyscraper on it? I highly doubt Littleton has its 10% affordable housing under construction, does it?
Right now the mill is not for sale. Eventually it will go to a developer. Will take a long time to determine and plan "best use". Meanwhile it's business as usual. Jack.

I just checked that PD's website. I didn't know that Matt Pinard was the Chief, What turned him? When I knew him in Ayer, he hunted with several of us and was very pro gun.
My tak
You might think that they would appreciate the revenue that these businesses generate.

Bob
"Paper Tigers" have tunnel vision. Jack.

You're all probably aware of the Town Meeting article in Littleton:
Littleton Residents - We need your help!!! - FFL Attack underway

We feel that this came about largely because there is no efficient communication channel between the Town and the dealers at the Mill.

We're going to try to fix that.

We (some of the Littleton FFLs) have formed a non-profit trade organization: The Massachusetts Firearms Manufacturers and Dealers Trade Association

You can help out by clicking that link and donating. If you own a firearms-related business in MA, you can join as a member.

The MFMDTA is a 501c6 organization that allows us to raise money to protect small firearms-related businesses in Mass. If you're an FFL, the membership fee can be deducted as business expense.

The purpose of the organization is 3-fold:
  1. To provide a unified resource so municipalities will have a channel to communicate with dozens of small individual companies.
  2. To protect our members against specious attempts to over-regulate their businesses.
  3. To provide a means to collect funds for our mutual legal efforts.
This whole thing popped up about a week ago. A small number of people (like, two of us) have deprived themselves of sleep, and moved Heaven and Earth to get this where it is right now.

Last edited:
I haven't held an FFL in MA since 1999, and I've escaped the PRM, and yet....
Donation made.
This is everyone's fight.

I haven't held an FFL in MA since 1999, and I've escaped the PRM, and yet....
Donation made.
This is everyone's fight.

That warms the cockles of my heart - maybe even the sub-cockle region. Someone OUTSIDE of MA - and one that "got out" to boot - lending a helping hand inside the state. Thank you from ALL mAss gun owners.

The want to charge fees for inspections that they are not required to do but they will require them and need to charge a fee.... And can change the inspections and fees any time they want....................................

This right here is why it should be illegal. It's quite clear what the town is doing.

All based in the opinion of one C.O.P.? That's bullshit

I was going to mention this when I first saw it:
Most towns use the Chamber of Commerce for this sort of thing.

Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce | Littleton MA
"The Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit business advocacy, community and economic development association committed to the support of its members' growth and success and the development of a positive economic climate. The Chamber services the area communities of Ayer, Berlin, Bolton, Boylston, Clinton, Devens, Groton, Harvard, Lancaster, Littleton, Pepperell, Shirley, Sterling, Townsend, West Boylston, Westford and nearby towns and is funded by membership investments."

https://mwcoc.com/
mwcoc.PNG

Now, it looks like you are starting a new group. I'm not sure if one way is better than the other. I guess you could use both groups (actually 3 groups), to advocate for better business to town communications.

It looks like you have done a lot of work putting this group together, and it is fairly focused and specific as to its goals. I am wondering whether or not clubs might be a part of this or not as well.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t surprise me at all to find most chamber of commerce orgs are full of antis

Don't be so sure. Either way, this is the channel most cities and towns use to work with businesses.

Yes. Not to be trusted. Jack.

I'd say you need to find this out to be sure. Again, you'd have better luck using this avenue first. Get the other businesses in town on your side.

How many other businesses ARE there in Littleton? Could 50 pro-gun businesses tip the scale?

Also a good point, and a GREAT idea!

Looks like NES will be down for a software update for the 8 hours preceding the upcoming Littleton Special Town Meeting. This is a reminder we are looking for all Littleton residents to attend the 9/28 STM to vote NO on article 16. Tell all your friends who live in Littleton please!

Bumping this thread ahead of NES going down. Please, if you are a Littleton resident, attend the STM tomorrow, 10/28 at 7pm. If you know any Littleton residents, please ask them to attend. Vote NO on article 16.

I used to live on Spectacle Pond when my wife worked for DEC (sometimes at the Mill). There were too many trees between our cottage and the water. One day my wife came home and we could suddenly see the water. I told her a microburst came through took down a bunch of trees. I hunkered down waiting for the man, but he never showed. Donation sent

Back
Top Bottom