Littleton Residents - We need your help!!! - FFL Attack underway

As we tried to engage the town on this disconnect and the Town Administrator declined to meet would tend to imply that this is not a face value issue.

that is bullshit. the fact that you all pay taxes in town and this asswipe won't at least give you the time to listen to residents/businessmen in town is infuriating.

Maybe G.O.A.L. can offer up some advice / help on this issue going forward? This affects some friends of mine, we need a win here!

Wow, town leaders are a bunch of anti-American wankers.

Definitely think you need to get one or more of the litigious gun rights group(s) to show up and just mention to the town flounders that they should put a large legal defense fund aside because they will be sued all the way to SCOTUS for these unconstitutional actions and the gun rights group is well funded.

MA prohibits being an FFL at your residence and demands a separate location/address (ok, there are a few exceptions to this, but lets run with this for now).
MA prohibits a STATE LICENSED DEALER from a residence, not an FFL.

The ATF has ruled that even "volunteers" working for gun companies need an FFL. Get a gun company to certify that you do volunteer work for them, and you've met the requirement for an FFL without any intent to actually make sales.

It's personal. The current shithead COP and the previous shithead POC have hated me since I have opened up the mill for FFL tenants. Makes work for them issuing state licenses. Takes time away from them to write speeding tickets and shooting dogs. Jack.

You might think that they would appreciate the revenue that these businesses generate.

Bob

The want to charge fees for inspections that they are not required to do but they will require them and need to charge a fee.... And can change the inspections and fees any time they want.

Have I got this right.

I've seen business owners speak at town meetings even when they aren't residents, don't know if they will allow it but someone has to speak for the owners.
Get a resident to ask the moderator to allow a representative of the business owners to speak (higher a lawyer if you have to). Worst case is you get shot down and they look a little more like they are out to get you.
Have someone record the the whole meeting, even if Littleton broadcasts it, it's surprising how video equipment conveniently fails.

This is not just about gunz. I used to own land in Littleton, ended up selling out because the town didn't want me to develop it. They pulled every dirty trick in the book on me. The whole town government is corrupt.

I am certain no one in Littleton understand this issue and why the Mill exists. If you take it at face value, there is no way that 50 businesses selling firearms can successfully compete with one another at the same address. But that is not what is happening. Only about 10 are truly active with local retail sales. The rest all fall into other categories of business or requirements to have their FFL. One guy is all about pre-ban ARs and AKs and does everything online. One guy is all about doing research into silencer development and technology. I could continue the list of other businesses that are doing things other than major retail.

Kind of like when you have 50 lawyers in the same building space or even the same office does anyone ask questions about that?

Hang tough Jack and Mill FFLs. I hope this isn't the result of larger stores in the area starting rumors or just being sour about the competition.

Well, that was short and not so sweet... (FF to 2:34:50)

Castus VOD Widget

Obviously too late for the meeting on the 28th, but assuming the article passes, what options are available
for obtaining any and all public records (emails, phone calls, documents, etc), that led up to this?

To reinforce what @EddieCoyle said, we need Littleton residents to come to town meeting and vote this article down. We need you to contact anyone you know who is a Littleton resident and get them to attend (even if they are not a gun owner). The fight at town meeting is not about the 2nd amendment but about regulatory over reach by the town. This could happen to ANY business type in Littleton if they do this to the Mill.

The fight is against tyranny of the appointed officials over legal, compliant, safe businesses operating within federal and state law.

We would ask that non-residents do not flood the town meeting. We do not want to turn people against us.

We would ask that residents that do attend be respectful of town meeting etiquette and procedure. Our goal is to win hearts and minds, not alienate potential allies.

Bad idea, huh?

This bylaw change gives the police a blank check to enact any regulations/restrictions they want. They can require armed guards, police details, insurance policies, whatever they want, and then charge whatever they want to ensure compliance.

This article will give the police the unilateral ability to close down the almost 50 legitimate firearms businesses that have been operating safely in Littleton for YEARS without issue.

The ATF recently inspected every FFL in Littleton, and found NO VIOLATIONS.

As far as safety goes, every dealer in the Mill has taken firearms safety classes, and every dealer in the Mill has passed numerous federal and state background checks. In addition, every customer of every dealer at the Mill is a MA LTC holder, and has therefore passed background checks and taken safety classes. The Mill is literally the safest place in Littleton.
Is this the same Massachusetts "home rule" law that some cities and towns are using to outlaw the carrying of common pocket knives with blades over 2.5 inches in length? Crazy! Sorry, but this s*it is just plain crazy!

When you cooperate with a bunch of other business owners, the confusing regulation that might have tripped you up is talked about, understood and everybody then does the right thing. It's not surprising that 50 FFLs in close proximity (without competitive infighting anyway) came up clean.

I wonder what the compliance rate with any other random set of 50 FFLs is?

I just checked that PD's website. I didn't know that Matt Pinard was the Chief, What turned him? When I knew him in Ayer, he hunted with several of us and was very pro gun.

I wonder what the compliance rate with any other random set of 50 FFLs is?
I know one who was written up for over 4,000 violations (corrective action only, no punishment). It was something silly like writing state names out rather than using the USPS abbreviation.

I just checked that PD's website. I didn't know that Matt Pinard was the Chief, What turned him? When I knew him in Ayer, he hunted with several of us and was very pro gun.

Chief Matthew Pinard (@pinard_matt) | Twitter

This was June 2018. His name sounds familiar but that's all.

He said he is looking forward to the months to come and the opportunity to lead what he considers to be, “a young department.”

“One of my biggest goals is to have a meeting with every single officer,” said Pinard, who has been inspired by mentor, Bedford Police Department Chief Robert Bongiorno to connect further with his department. “I want to ask them three questions. What do you like? What don’t you like? And, what do you want to see going forward?”

He said he hopes for this to be an eye-opening experience, one where he can learn somethings he may have not been aware of before.

Last edited:
You can be pro-gun and still be anti second amendment and/or a statist. Having an experience with him first hand I'd lean towards Massachusetts statist with power of arrest. Especially in regards to the if it's not spelled out as legal to me it's clearly illegal to the first half of that title.

The article was put on the warrant by the Selectmen

The article was written by the Chief of Police, Town Counsel and the Town Administrator based on what the Town Administrator said at the Selectmen's meeting at the end of September.
Jack, you and Skysoldier are half my reasons for reading this board. Go get them, and if there is anything the rest of us keyboard warriors can do let us know.
Thanks, but remember that half of what I post is screwed up. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom