• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Littleton Residents - Vote at Town Meeting 2/15/2023

I bet if just 50% of MA gun owners donated $10 per year, it would probably be more than whatever COMM2A is getting today.

But they are busy reading about Tom Brady. Priorities.
Northeast gun owners are some of the laziest geographic demographics in the nation. Many year ago, when I had more time on my hands, the other MA-based group was looking for an outreach coordinator or something like that and the dealbreaker was that I wouldn't be able to make it to Northborough so it never materialized.

A good percentage donations are <$20 but it adds up. If every gun owner set a monthly donation of $5-$10-$20 whatever, charged to their credit card every month, you forget its even there and it would make a huge difference to these orgs. I know its a cliche but its like a cup of coffee every month. It takes two minutes to set it up and then it happens automatically but people cant be bothered I guess.

There's aprox 500,000 LTC's in MA. If each donated $5 a month, (~$1.25/week or about $0.18/day), its adds up to $2,500,000 a MONTH. Even if everyone only gave a dollar a month, that a million every 2 months.
You guys keep forgetting the fact that most of those LTCs are held by people who don't care about how shitty the gun laws are here. Some of them even think the process is "good". We have a default bias which assumes that other people feel that the process Etc is oppressive but it gets kind of interesting when you start talking to people for more than 2 seconds all of a sudden you figure out that most of them don't really give a shit about our rights and they're just another part of the problem.

Or let me put it in more real terms I would be shocked if the "care rate" was anywhere even near 100k ltc holders.

You guys forget that like 90% of applicants are basically getting that license so they can go shoot trap on Sundays and maybe shoot a few pheasants. And there's nothing wrong with any of that either but it's just telling what the motivations are these people are not your friends by default just because they own guns.

If RKBA supporters as an institution didn't have this problem the battle would be over already... it's not too absurd to say that as a region New England has probably the worst "care rate" about to 2A in the nation....

Yep this is it exactly. They are better at organizing than us.

They're also much better at paying for protesters or people to recruit them as well. Like as an example do you think those people that ride around on Bloomberg's anti-gun bus tour thing do you think that they're doing that for free? [laugh] at a minimum they're probably getting some free meals or something for hanging out with them.

There is an election in Littleton tomorrow, does anyone know if there are any candidates for select board we shoulf support?

There is an election in Littleton tomorrow, does anyone know if there are any candidates for select board we shoulf support?

If I go asking questions there I'll be arrested, I was hoping there was someone who Mill residents already support so I can go and vote

Back
Top Bottom