• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Littleton Residents - Vote at Town Meeting 2/15/2023

Article 10 is a a hateful, delusional, ignorant response to fix something that isn’t broken, written by a bunch of people that don’t have a clue
The Mill attracted the Bastard Globe, which spewed forth its anti gun rhetoric article with lies and assumptions & cranked up all the fear mongers in the town, followed by some knucklehead FFL that decided he didn’t have to follow the rules. Like adding gasoline to the fire.

The Mill is probably the safest place in that whole town

i hope they are content with themselves

I now have NO reason to ever go to that town & spend again

1675865221121.gif

Last edited:
Article 10 to be voted on at the 2/15/2023 Littleton Town Meeting would make owning a Firearms Business in Littleton virtually impossible. Since this Article requires a 2/3 vote to pass, I hope you will encourage your Littleton members to show up and vote against it.
Link to Warrant:
https://www.littletonma.org/sites/g...loads/feb_15_2023_stm_town_meeting_report.pdf
All the best to you.

BUMP and keep BUMPING

Can someone sticky this thread for a couple of weeks?

If you’re a business owner in Littleton but not a resident I’m assuming you have no vote in the town.
True, but as an interested party, non-resident business owners should attend anyway. They just can't vote.

But they can boo and cheer as needed. Well, until some leftie makes the cops remove them.

If I say I'm a democrat, can I send in a box of mail in ballots? I can swear that I'm a resindent.

I've only been to the Mill (and Littleton, for that matter) once, but I'll support a gun shop any time.
The whole argument is stupid beyond the max.

In order to buy a gun in Mass, you need to be checked out and approved on a local, state and federal level. If you're a snowflake who smokes legal dope, no gun. Hospitalized for mental health issues? No gun. Criminal record of any kind? No gun. Your local chief thinks you're a dirtbag? No gun.

That makes anyone doing business at the mill far more of an upstanding citizen than any of the Karen / Soy boy snowflakes whose girly panties are in a wad as they drink their Starbucks Mocha tofu lattes while typing away on their Mac laptops.

Last time I checked, I don't think schools, day care centers, YMCAs, gyms, stores and the rest background check anyone. You could easily have a felon roaming the locker rooms at the Y. Won't find any of those types buying guns.

"The purpose of this article is to regulate the location, siting, design, placement, security, safety, monitoring, and modifications of Firearms Businesses within the Town of Littleton to minimize the adverse impacts of Firearms Businesses on adjacent properties, residential neighborhoods, schools and other places where children congregate, and to protect and promote the quality of the Town of Littleton’s neighborhoods, commercial and business districts, and the general welfare, health and safety of the citizens of Littleton."

Don't remember seeing the adverse impact study.

Article 10 to be voted on at the 2/15/2023 Littleton Town Meeting would make owning a Firearms Business in Littleton virtually impossible. Since this Article requires a 2/3 vote to pass, I hope you will encourage your Littleton members to show up and vote against it.
Link to Warrant:
https://www.littletonma.org/sites/g...loads/feb_15_2023_stm_town_meeting_report.pdf
All the best to you.
Go to Section 173-241 (B) (G) to see how bad the article is treating the gun shops.

How do they know, do they check ID?

If they do, I hope they also check ID for Presidential elections.

If it’s like my town you have to check in and state your address. They check a list and then stamp your hand so you can vote. When voting people just raise their hand and someone starts counting. Someone without a stamp could vote and nobody would know.

"The purpose of this article is to regulate the location, siting, design, placement, security, safety, monitoring, and modifications of Firearms Businesses within the Town of Littleton to minimize the adverse impacts of Firearms Businesses on adjacent properties, residential neighborhoods, schools and other places where children congregate, and to protect and promote the quality of the Town of Littleton’s neighborhoods, commercial and business districts, and the general welfare, health and safety of the citizens of Littleton."

Don't remember seeing the adverse impact study.
This is the same sh*t Dedham tried with their one gun store.

"OMG, THERE IS A PLAYGROUND NEXT TO IT, THE CHILDREN WILL WALK IN, BUY GUNS AND SHOOT EACH OTHER!!!"

First, the playground is not right next to it, second that argument is full of failure.

This is appealing to people's emotions, more specifically stupid people's emotions. This just shows how stupid the average Littleton resident is if they fall for that sh*t.

Manipulate emotions when stupid people are in the room = win arguments.

These extreme types of zoning to ban a legal business are usually illegal. The only real question is if the affected party(s) have the will and the financial resources to challenge in court.
A case like this could be worth it.

The dealers will eventually get kicked out by the landlord, but the point of fighting it could be strategic so other towns can't pull the same crap.

That is my assumption. Maybe fighting it would be a waste of time.

ya know, 90% of 'life' is showing up. (HT Ferris?)

lots and lots of talk here and I guarantee, almost no one (from 'our side') will actually show up at the meeting.

this is all a done deal. The meeting will be somewhat amusing but time to find the next fight.

Let them have their feminist bookshops, aromatherapy boutiques, gender transition support services
and crappy condos overlooking the 495 ramps.

Residents.
Long time I had a guy and a gal (tenants) sleeping in their rental space at the Mill without me knowing it. Not zoned residential, that's a big no-no. The building inspector came and yelled at me one day. Seems like they both went to the town hall to register to vote using the Mill as their residence. I threw their asses out. Jack.

I wonder if you can vote if you own a business in the town. That would be all the FFLs at the Mill who could show biz certs. Jack.
The answer is not legally. Only exception might be if the town had previously passed a bylaw allowing merchants to vote and if it then passed muster with the AG at that time.

The answer is not legally. Only exception might be if the town had previously passed a bylaw allowing merchants to vote and if it then passed muster with the AG at that time.
The bastards were able to raise the "fee" that the PD could charge the Mill FFLs to do "inspections". Jack.

Last time I checked, I don't think schools, day care centers, YMCAs, gyms, stores and the rest background check anyone. You could easily have a felon roaming the locker rooms at the Y. Won't find any of those types buying guns.
Yes, they do. I believe they get "Require 2" access which includes cases disposed without a conviction (ie, more access than a typical employer would get)

it appears that Littleton has Open Town Meeting for of gov't. I believe that means any resident can make a motion on the floor. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but Robert's Rules would govern the meeting..

That means someone can make a motion to (1) drop the article completely, (2) request that the "Adverse Impact" assessment be provided or done... or (3) just make a mockery of this whole thing by making all kinds of motions to dismiss/table/study the article, just need one person to second the motion and it goes to discussion and open vote.

Back
Top Bottom