• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Littleton, MA Town meeting by law proposal.

I mean, if an admin makes it a requirement I might do it, but for now I'm just going to follow suit with everyone else.
Let's then pose this to the management, @Admin

Hey Derek:

When someone is posting in a common (non-geo-specific) place like General, especially when there are already several threads open regarding the specific place they're concerned about, and when there's likely to be confusion regarding which state's town they're talking about, that they mention this in the thread title? It would seem to be common courtesy and a whole three characters (a state abbreviation and space or comma) additional, so not an unreasonable cost.

Haha fair enough. For the record I hate lawyers too. And all planning boards. Historical boards etc. but as I grow older I realize most of these boards suck so badly because they are infiltrated by liberals who are power hungry in their new position and couldn’t run a lemonade stand.
I think of them as the former hall monitors in grade school back in the early 70’s.

In Littleton?

Sure. I'm driving through there tomorrow so I can burn a brush pile on my place.

More of a concealed type guy though.

Meet at the Walmart?
That's where tourists from Mass and Quebec would both go home disappointed if they didn't see hillbillies carrying guns.

I do my part to indulge them.

You threw names around first.

I'm just here thinking that if I wanted your opinion I'd give it to you, or maybe a bit of "opinions are like a**h***s, everybody has one".

It aint life according to SpaceCritter around here, if you can't figure out where the Littleton people give a shit about is, that's your problem, you do you. In the meantime I'll just wait for Admin to adjust the rules to cater to you.
No. First I made a very reasonable request: when mentioning a town name that applies to multiple New England states, you specify which:
When posting in General, please indicate state name in thread title.

No. First I made a very reasonable request: when mentioning a town name that applies to multiple New England states, you specify which:
I'm sorry.

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request, as I stated:

I mean, if an admin makes it a requirement I might do it, but for now I'm just going to follow suit with everyone else.

And again, it's not life according to SpaceCritter.

I'm sorry.

I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request, as I stated:

And again, it's not life according to SpaceCritter.
...which is precisely why I punted the matter to Derek.

If you haven't noticed, it's not just ME complaining about this.

Hey Derek:

When someone is posting in a common (non-geo-specific) place like General, especially when there are already several threads open regarding the specific place they're concerned about, and when there's likely to be confusion regarding which state's town they're talking about, that they mention this in the thread title? It would seem to be common courtesy and a whole three characters (a state abbreviation and space or comma) additional, so not an unreasonable cost.
Gayest post of 2023?

The Mill stuff tends to be (and should be) in those threads. And there are several.

"Littleton" could just as well be the town next to mine in NEW HAMPSHIRE, which is where the stores and hospital live, and where matters political or otherwise cannot be ignored.
I don't read the Mill thread. I read this one. This would have been buried in there.

I don't read the Mill thread. I read this one. This would have been buried in there.
This one just came into being. Problem is, by the title it could have just as much concerned matters in the North Country... and we have matters to be concerned about. That confusion could have been eliminated with TWO LETTERS.

Massholist post of 2023?
"Hello, yon residents of Northern New England, I say as one amongst ye having just arrived here upon yon estate I have purchased for said peanuts among yon poores, these peons of the central region to our southe must be more specific, for how else shall I, without context of any kind even though I once had same, distinguish where some towne you saye be, unless you do tell me such, even though the thread dost plainly yield said context? I have noo time for such reading, having now become a country gentleman with concernes and botheres attending upon same."

"Hello, yon residents of Northern New England, I say as one amongst ye having just arrived here upon yon estate I have purchased for said peanuts among yon poores, these peons of the central region to our southe must be more specific, for how else shall I, without context of any kind even though I once had same, distinguish where some towne you saye be, unless you do tell me such, even though the thread dost plainly yield said context? I have noo time for such reading, having now become a country gentleman with concernes and botheres attending upon same."
Two. Letters.

Hey Derek:

Ironic, this sounds like a question posed to a planning board.

Hey Derek:

Damn dude, don't you have a blog or something, or urging others to kill politicians because you don't have the guts to do it yourself?

What's really retarded is you pretending that you don't know what Littleton is being talked about just so you can hop on your little blogbox.

Say what? What adverse effects?

"Town of Littleton to minimize the adverse impacts of Firearms Businesses on adjacent properties, residential neighborhoods, schools and other places where children congregate"

They can, of course, provide a copy of the impact study and recommendation.

Sounds like an expensive multi-year assessment. Oh, don't have one?

I'm from MA.

I never heard of Littleton, MA until I joined here. I had heard of and been to Littleton, NH. Still haven't been to Littleton, MA and really have no plans to.

Yeah, I was confused too, there are so many Littletons:

In the United States:
  • Littleton, Colorado.
  • Littleton, Illinois.
  • Littleton, Iowa.
  • Littleton, Kentucky.
  • Littleton, Maine.
  • Littleton, Massachusetts.
  • Littleton, New Hampshire.
  • Littleton, North Carolina.

Back
Top Bottom