Little help looking for a pistol please.

For those of you who regularly do the gun shop “circuit” as I call it (checking out all the local shops within reasonable distance just to see what they’ve got). If you wouldn’t mind keeping an eye out for a purple Ruger SR22 I would greatly appreciate it. Used is perfectly ok.

My wife wants one for Christmas. This was something that threw me for a loop. She’s usually really conservative and only asks for things she needs or wants.

so if you know of one for sale, or even have one you’re willing to part with, please let me know.

Thank you, and I hope you have a great holiday season.

You may be better off just calling some shops that are within driving distance. The lilac SR22 is kinda uncommon, I'd guess. If I had to bet, I'd say most gun stores probably won't have it in stock but they might order it for you if you're asking for it. Sorry that I'm not of any help since I'm not in your area. Best of luck and I hope you find one for your wife.

Prices have gone up. The black one was like $270 a few years ago at FS.

This one purple one looks nice. MKIV 22/45 LT .22 LR PURPLE/GOLD
415006504.jpg

grabagun has the purple SR22 for $376
thats pricy for an SR22
for around $300 can get a regular SR22 or am
SW22 victory which is like 10x better rimfire pistol

why does she specificallly want an SR22?
for those prices i would be less enthusiastic and theyre difficult to re-sell due to silly colors

Bodhisattva, it’s nearly 2020, if you want a lady lilac sr22, then dam it sir stand up proud and shout I want a lady lilac gun for myself.

However, if your err.... wife cough, cough, really wants one may I suggest given Mark a call at shooting supply in Westport, he normally as odd stuff like that. You also have village sports across the road from him.

harry.

For those of you who regularly do the gun shop “circuit” as I call it (checking out all the local shops within reasonable distance just to see what they’ve got). If you wouldn’t mind keeping an eye out for a purple Ruger SR22 I would greatly appreciate it. Used is perfectly ok.

My wife wants one for Christmas. This was something that threw me for a loop. She’s usually really conservative and only asks for things she needs or wants.

so if you know of one for sale, or even have one you’re willing to part with, please let me know.

Thank you, and I hope you have a great holiday season.
Your best bet is buying online from places like Grabagun or gunbroker. I bought my wife the pink SR22 a few years ago and could only find it on gunbroker.

grabagun has the purple SR22 for $376
thats pricy for an SR22
for around $300 can get a regular SR22 or am
SW22 victory which is like 10x better rimfire pistol

why does she specificallly want an SR22?
for those prices i would be less enthusiastic and theyre difficult to re-sell due to silly colors

I didn’t even realize I could get a SR22 that cheap.

I recommended the SR22 because of the ability to swap the grip out to better fit her hand, and mainly for the manual of arms. Its one of the closest to a regular pistol. She saw that it came in purple and that was the end of it.

I would prefer to get her a M&P22 Compact but they aren’t compliant. I would even entertain doing a Advantage Arms kit and put it on a P80 lower

I didn’t even realize I could get a SR22 that cheap.

I recommended the SR22 because of the ability to swap the grip out to better fit her hand, and mainly for the manual of arms. Its one of the closest to a regular pistol. She saw that it came in purple and that was the end of it.

I would prefer to get her a M&P22 Compact but they aren’t compliant. I would even entertain doing a Advantage Arms kit and put it on a P80 lower

i owned an SR22 around when they came out
not impressed
DA trigger beyond awful, major stacking
picky about ammo
not particularly accurate, probably in part due to loose slide-barrel alignment such that sights do not stay aligned with bore
to make it even more fun, the f-ing thumb safety is backwards. slide up to go hot...yeah that's a great way to train with a pistol because NO other pistol runs this way

if the purpose here is to have a purple gun then sure drop $400 on a junk SR22 and can check that box
if the point is for her to have a 22lr pistol that is fun to shoot, reliable and will last forever there are several far better options including an SW22 (which will fit her hand fine) or a ruger mark IV

to make it even more fun, the f-ing thumb safety is backwards. slide up to go hot...yeah that's a great way to train with a pistol because NO other pistol runs this way

(Cough cough) Beretta

But ya that’s why I never liked them either. Ass backwards.

i owned an SR22 around when they came out
not impressed
DA trigger beyond awful, major stacking
picky about ammo
not particularly accurate, probably in part due to loose slide-barrel alignment such that sights do not stay aligned with bore

if the purpose here is to have a purple gun then sure drop $400 on a junk SR22 and can check that box
if the point is for her to have a 22lr pistol that is fun to shoot, reliable and will last forever there are several far better options including an SW22 (which will fit her hand fine) or a ruger mark IV
Can't really disagree with your assessment [laugh]
I didn't have much experience with the SR22 before I bought the pink model for my wife. It's good enough for the ~3 times per year she comes with me to the range and only shoots inside 25 feet. She's got tiny hands so it fits her hand well. My hands...not so much...

Have you considered an LCP or LC9 in purple? Both could be used for self-defense purposes (more so the LC9), if you thought this may ever be a consideration down the road.

lc9_purple.png

Frank

I've seen the purple rugers at Cabela's In Berlin.......if your into the big box stores for gun purchases.

Back
Top Bottom