Litter: another "Corona virus"

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and not just Corona bottles: Bud Light cans, Dunks and *$'s cups, various and sundry nip bottles, and just general trash of every variety.

I don't know what's going on - or if it's especially so here in scenic South Central Constipation State - but I've never seen it this bad. I'll finish a ride, then spend a half hour filling a garbage bag with the crap I find in the parking area. Then go back in a few days, and it's a shithole again. And even when I've thought I've accomplished something in the parking lot, once I turn down the street it's copious roadside garbage.

Has anyone else noticed this?

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've noticed people dumping in a wooded area that straddles 3 towns. They dump about 10 feet from the town line sign. Called both towns. Neither will do anything.
I've noticed tons of crap everywhere.
People don't give a shit.
I notice Dunkin stuff everywhere.
And nips. Nips all over the road, side if the road, highway ramps. Thank God they're plastic.

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The local dumkins has no trash barrel outside, so its the most common trash in the area.
Local beaches have no barrels anymore because carry in carry out. As a result, people just drop trash, dog shit bags, etc. On the way out anywhere they like.
People suck by default, imho

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah, no more than usual.

but i thought this was gonna be a thread about coronavirus being transferred via trash. no one said it couldn't happen so be careful. don those gloves and respirators when picking up public strewn trash that's out and about.
Work gloves and one of these:

jek

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yup, I feel there’s been an uptick in litter. We live near a pond and I’m constantly disgusted in people for the crap they throw in it. And it’s not just empties from the night before. We’ve taken out computer monitors, tires, and other junk.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My kid goes running on trails around here....he calls one section, "Fireball Mile," because of all the nips on the ground.
yeah, seriously. i drive through the back of some stores, a little short cut to the pharmacy, and thank you jesus the nip bottles are plastic. in some spots on this little hide a way dirt patch of road i'm on i must drive over 3-4 layers of those nip bottles.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I saw somewhere recently that the state’s trying to put the .05 return on nip bottles to try and combat this. They’re everywhere. People just don’t care anymore, bunch of animals.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, it seems like more, but I think it is a natural this time of year. Not as many people out over the winter, plus when there is snow, it is buried, and when it isn't snow, it's often frozen to the ground. It is just more noticeable now that everyone is out, the sun is out, and people are looking beyond beige and grey to see flowers and green.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it seems like more, but I think it is a natural this time of year. Not as many people out over the winter, plus when there is snow, it is buried, and when it isn't snow, it's often frozen to the ground. It is just more noticeable now that everyone is out, the sun is out, and people are looking beyond beige and grey to see flowers and green.
Ordinarily I'd say perhaps, but:
- Doesn't explain why I would clean one area, then come back in a few days and it's a pigsty again, and
- We got bupkis for snow this year, so it isn't a case of stuff emerging in a thaw.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw somewhere recently that the state’s trying to put the .05 return on nip bottles to try and combat this. They’re everywhere. People just don’t care anymore, bunch of animals.
that makes a lot of sense! homeless guys will be collecting them for the cash.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I live on a dead end private road. The only people in here are residents or guests. We still get a surprising amount of trash on the side of the road.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the nips themselves are the root of the problem. Just stop selling that size. Found like 17 fireball nips in the alley last week and a dozen or so red label around the corner. Probably the same person walking by every day tossing a few.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Public education? Thirda world country "enrichement"?

When I grew up, schools "volunteered" kids on saturday to clean up muni trash from parks, especially in the Spring. That really brainwashed out asses that throwing shit in public places is just what we need to pick up later, plus teachers yelled at us for being little a**h***s and our feeling were really hurt but we grew up being civilized.

Around Fram you can always tell the pockets of enrichment. And I am not talking about just illegals shitting places up, there are plenty of others who shit where they squat.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Exit ramp off of 128 in tmy town for the longest time had without exaggerating maybe 20-30 of those plastic xl McDonalds cups lying on the embankment. Looked like either a school bus came down the ramp and the whole bus unloaded or the same douche tossed his cup out at the same place every day on the way home from work. Has since disappeared but it was annoying. Also see an annoying amount of trash on the roadsides in NH. Mentioned it to my NH friend. They have dumps up here no? Why would people feel the need to dump a bag on the side of the road when they can just as easily dump it at the town dump? Also a weekly rant on my towns FB page is the parks looking like a dump. Old timers are always saying how we've had a carry in-carry out policy for decades and it was never a problem. Younger people complain about how the town should pick it up and why are there no barrels etc. Seems to be a generational thing

Spartan65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the nips themselves are the root of the problem. Just stop selling that size. Found like 17 fireball nips in the alley last week and a dozen or so red label around the corner. Probably the same person walking by every day tossing a few.
agreed, In AA they say “the smaller the bottle, the bigger the problem.” I know many alcoholics living by the nip bottle.

Top Bottom