• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

List your setups!

Got me curious, whats everybody running?

Me?

RCBS Rock Chucker Jr.
5005 scales
Old RCBS drum tumbler
Powder dump (But I mostly hand measure each load on the scale)

Pretty much got my setup from my old man. He had it in the garage for 20 years. A wet garage. We sorted it all out at work (we used to work together at a FAA repairshop, he still does). Bead blasted all the rusty stuff, emery clothed the press cylinder until it was baby butt smoth. Media blasted everything to get the corrosion off and repainted.

I found out later, we could have sent it all back to RSBC and they would have repaired everything for free...

D'Oh!

I have a Dillon 550B for .44 Mag, .45 ACP, and .38special/ .357 Mag. I picked it up about six months after I started shooting, before I had a place to set it up. A year later we finally poured the floor for our basement, and with in two days of the concrete drying I had a bench built and the press set up.

I started by loading for .38 then worked my way up to .44 Mag. I had the dies for .44 before I even had a .44, now I don’t have a .38 to load for. Picking up a .38 or a .357 is the list once I finish building my 1911.

RCBs 4X4 Auto press
RCBS 10-10 scales
Uniflow Powder measure
Hornady case prep tools
Lee auto Prime
Lee rifle dies
RCBS pistol carbide dies
etc, etc, etc.

2 Dillon Square Deal B's
1 Dillon 550
9mm
.357 Sig
.40 & 10mm
.45 WinMag
and oh yes the .500 S&W
15,000 rounds of brass and lots of Winchester 296 and Alliant Blue Dot
Northeast Lead, Berry's Plated , Rainier Jacketed, Winchester Hollow Points
Winchester WLP primers CCi's for the 10 mm

Dillon 650---Hand Guns
45 ACP
40 S&W
38 Spc.
357 Mag
9mm

RCBS Rock Chucker---Long Arms
35 Whelen
348 Winchester
270 Winchester
6mm Remingtom
223 Winchester

Respectfully,

jkelly

Got mine second hand.

I was able to get mine almost new from someone that didn't want/need it any longer.

Dillon 550B

Dillon Die Setups
.357 Sig
.44 Mag

Dillon 500 Tumbler
Dillon Digital scale
Dillon Bullet Puller
Dillon Media Seperator
Calipers

All but the Dies I picked up from the guy for $500, so I couldn't pass it all up.

I use a Dillon SDB for 9mm, .45acp, .38spl/.357mag, and .44 mag.

My 550B is for .223 Remington, .30 Carbine and .40 S&W (I used to load .45-70 and .243 Winchester, but I don't load for them anymore)

I use an old RCBS Junior that my uncle gave me NIB for .30-30 cast bullet loads. I also used it for .45LC, but I traded my Vaqueros.

For shotguns, I have a Mec Jr and Hornady 866 pregressive. I still need one for 16ga, but I have a Lee Loadall in .20 that I haven't set up yet.

And, since I cast my own bullets, I have a Lyman 450 luber/sizer, too.

RCBS RockChucker
RCBS Uni-Flow Measure, modified by Seeley Masker
Forester Trimer in Drill Press

9mm
40 S&W
45 ACP
7.62 Nagant Revolver

7.62x54R Russian
7.62x39
30-06

And that's a start.

I use a Dillon 650 for volume production of 9mm and .45 handgun rnds. for ipsc practice, and also for .223 rifle rnds. and a PACT digital powder dispenser with an RCBS hand primer, Wilson straight-line button and bullet seating dies, and a mini arbor press for precision 6mm ppc and .308 reloading, Also a RCBS single stage Partner press for full length re-sizing and "bumping" 6mm ppc and .308 brass using RCBS small base and Dillion carbide dies. I check my powder amounts with a 1970's vintage Metler laboratory balance. I use a lathe and a Hart micrometer neck tuning tool to neck turn Lapua .220 Russian and then fire form it into 6mm ppc. The same setup is used to neck turn once fired .308 Fed match brass prior to reloading.

I've got a Dillon 650 with conversions for .45, 9mm, and .40. Pact scale, Dillon tumbler. In 9mm and .40, I use undersized dies for the Glock bulge, the rest are Dillon.

I bet 38SuperMatt will be typing for a while with this one.

Because Steve called me out on this-
The extremely crowded reloading bench consists of, in order of use:
The Dillon line-
1050 for 38 super only
550 for 40s, 223s, 38/357s, 44mag
650 for 45s
square deal for 9mms
SL900 for 12 ga
and temporary detchable residents are:
Mec 9000 28ga
Mec 9000 20 ga
Mec 9000 410

Tumbler- the big huge dillon one with media I havent changed in like a year or two. Anyone who shoots with me knows my brass, although tumbled usually a day or two while i'm off sleeping or shooting, is still dirty.

And a special word of advice- if you have cats, and you dump your media into the seperator squirrel cage thing, and then dump it all into the big dillon bucket it hooks into, and you're off reloading, and your cat happens to be in the basement also, the little bastard will take a dump in your media when you aren't looking, and you won't be able to use it for another year.

I'll try to clean off the bench of the scale, the mistakes, the paper towels from gun cleaning now and then, the spaghetti strainer i use to hold my wads in, and the various empty boxes thrown on the bench, and take a picture of it, and get it in the blue press next year.
Funny, Dillon doesn't even send me their magazine anymore because it's been so long since I ordered something from them.
I feel neglected.

Back
Top Bottom