• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

List of Proposed Bills, step up the pressure and stand up for your rights!!!!!

Here are the bill number and description of the proposals. We need to coordinate on this to all work together to oppose repressive firearms laws!!!!

To avoid duplication, I will list the Senate Bill and its House companion, If there are any major differences, I will list them separatly:

-S.859/H.5990 - This one is the big one!!! It would ban all semi-auto firearms that have 2 or more "evil" features, it will eliminate the local police from issuing LTC permits and give the authority to the AG, it will BAN possession of any magazine larger than 10 rounds. This is a violation of our 5th Amendment (taking of property without compensation)!!!! I will be dissecting this bill in the upcoming days to expose its downright criminality of proposals

-S.860/H.5991 - This bill will increase penalties for crimes using a firearm.

-S.864/H.5994 - This bill essentially make you a criminal if one of your firearms are sold, and at a later date are used in a crime. You literally can't make this crap up.

-No. 865/H.5993 - This bill gives the AG the sole authority to issue permits. Here is the kicker, all existing town issued permits will be null and void and you will have to get a state issued one, another example of this bill trampling on our 5th amendment rights. Furthermore it raises the cost to $140 and you have to pay for the FBI background check. I will be dissecting this bill in the upcoming days as well to fully offer my rebuttals.

Here are the bill number and description of the proposals. We need to coordinate on this to all work together to oppose repressive firearms laws!!!!

To avoid duplication, I will list the Senate Bill and its House companion, If there are any major differences, I will list them separatly:

-S.859/H.5990 - This one is the big one!!! It would ban all semi-auto firearms that have 2 or more "evil" features, it will eliminate the local police from issuing LTC permits and give the authority to the AG, it will BAN possession of any magazine larger than 10 rounds. This is a violation of our 5th Amendment (taking of property without compensation)!!!! I will be dissecting this bill in the upcoming days to expose its downright criminality of proposals

-S.860/H.5991 - This bill will increase penalties for crimes using a firearm.

-S.864/H.5994 - This bill essentially make you a criminal if one of your firearms are sold, and at a later date are used in a crime. You literally can't make this crap up.

-No. 865/H.5993 - This bill gives the AG the sole authority to issue permits. Here is the kicker, all existing town issued permits will be null and void and you will have to get a state issued one, another example of this bill trampling on our 5th amendment rights. Furthermore it raises the cost to $140 and you have to pay for the FBI background check. I will be dissecting this bill in the upcoming days as well to fully offer my rebuttals.

Bump for you Rhode Islanders! Step up and be heard!

I am in the process of obtaining my ri ccw. I have been given an interview, and was told i should be all set, and ill receive a call in about two weeks. The interview was this past wed. If they revoke all permits, that is a big waste of time and $$ jumping through hoops.

I am in the process of obtaining my ri ccw. I have been given an interview, and was told i should be all set, and ill receive a call in about two weeks. The interview was this past wed. If they revoke all permits, that is a big waste of time and $$ jumping through hoops.

No, they are going to have two options, either grant you an AG issued permit, or compensate you for your permit. The government cannot simply take your property, you spent forty bucks on it, its yours, and since they are revoking licenses for "public protection" ie public use, you have a right under the 5th amendment to be compensated for your taken property. Now here is the kicker, they will have to compensate you $140 not $40. Since they are raising the fee, that becomes "market price" of the permit and thus they have to pay you that much. Even if there are say 1 million people living in the state and 3% of the population has the permit, they would have to pay out $4,200,000 to compensate them. (1,000,000*.03=30,000*$140=$4,200,000). Being that the state is so broke, they simply cannot afford this. So their only option is to either kill this bill, or give you an AG permit. This is one way of looking at it. Then there is another way of looking at it where you being up the whole right to bear arms is an individual right and I can go on about this side of the argument as well, just not now, I am tired and don't feel like getting into it.

Thank you for the quick reply, I hope you are correct, so that means they must reimburse all permit holders. RI cannot afford that.
I am afraid that because i have not been granted my permit, this law may effect the outcome. My checking account still does not show the 40$ deduction.
Is it normal to get the permit on a different date than the interview?

Yes, I submitted my application, then in three weeks I had an interview (got photographed and fingerprinted), then three weeks later I picked it up. It was only when I picked up my application did I have to make a check out to the town.

Oh, Burrillville asks for the check, finger print card, and 2 1x1 inch photos included with application. Hopefully in 2 weeks ill get reprinted and a new photo for my permit.

Just to clearify. All magazines greater than 10 rounds will be illegal if manufactured after July 1st, 2013. I'm sure criminals will follow this law to the fullest.

Back
Top Bottom