• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

List of gun stores closing for the rally .

All gun clubs should be sending out emails to their members to be there tomorrow. I know Hopkinton sent out the alert last night and it sounds like MFS did the same. If you didn't get with them today to do so. I'm betting a good majority of gun owners are not even aware of the rally yet.
Billerica Rod & Gun sent out an e-mail today....

For all those people tell Carl to close his shop. Shut the f up. You don't know what it takes to run a business, specially in this state. He has it worse then most business owner s he sells scary guns. If you guys think it suck to be gun owner in Ma. Try being a business owner. Property tax differ then residential, taxes regulation, self ignorant employees and customers. shit commercial plates cost you more to go through the tunnel. Give the guy s f breach he works hard provide a good service at great price , provides jobs for his employees and give to 2 a causes and others. Carl don't let ignorant people get you down

i talked to Ray at baystate arms today and we both agreed that it was imperative for northeast arms and baystate to close tomorrow to attend the rally, so we will be attending together along with our employees

Now is the time to stand together more than ever before and we will!!!

For all those people tell Carl to close his shop. Shut the f up. You don't know what it takes to run a business, specially in this state. He has it worse then most business owner s he sells scary guns. If you guys think it suck to be gun owner in Ma. Try being a business owner. Property tax differ then residential, taxes regulation, self ignorant employees and customers. shit commercial plates cost you more to go through the tunnel. Give the guy s f breach he works hard provide a good service at great price , provides jobs for his employees and give to 2 a causes and others. Carl don't let ignorant people get you down

Someone's nose is brown, maybe you'll get a discount on bolt action mossberg.

The smaller shops closing are taking a larger hit than he is.

He doesn't care about rifles, His Market is M&P's below other dealers cost!

Mystic Valley postponed their friday night match and sent out an email blast

Minuteman Armory is sending people tomorrow.

All gun clubs should be sending out emails to their members to be there tomorrow. I know Hopkinton sent out the alert last night and it sounds like MFS did the same. If you didn't get with them today to do so. I'm betting a good majority of gun owners are not even aware of the rally yet.

Massapoag Sportsmen's Club in Sharon sent a notice to attend the rally

Harvard Sportsmen's Club sent a blast out but it got sent to spam along with Carl's....

Hmmm...

Last edited:
FourSeasons sent me a snarky response to my (positive) suggestion they put it on their website and close down for the day... wtf?

Seriously, wtf...

Actually, I'm not going to criticize whether or not a business owner decides to close shop for the rally. How can more guns sold be a bad thing?

I do have a problem with what seems to be a pattern of rude responses during a time that firearms customers should be expected to be a bit excited. The response dennism received is not the only of its type to be received by NESers and at least one of us was 'banned' from the shop for questioning if FS was going to just 'roll over'. I don't see any evidence to the contrary, while other shops close to attend or at least provide notice of the rally via website or email. Not a peep on the FS site about tomorrow's event.

Sending a contingent to the rally? Will they be standing with Queen Mauron? I keed, I keed...

edit- If FS sent out an email, then that's better than posting on their site. Snarky responses should tone down anyway...

IF anyone is planning on taking the commuter rail from Lowell to the rally give your self some extra time because the Lowell line is only going to billerica and then a bus will pick you up and bring you into North Station. A culvert in billerica / wilmington is apparently being worked on and is causing problems for the lowell line

We will be open regular hours. From 8:30am to 5pm we have over 120 people coming to take their Mass Basic Firearms Safety Class tomorrow.

While most of our staff will be needed to get these new potential gun owners certified I believe a few of our guys will be there.

We all should remember that Carl at four seasons has done a tremendous amount for gun owners and gun rights in Massachusetts. Carl's ability to run a sound business has enabled him to put more guns in more people's hands than anyone else. He has done us all a great service.

On Wednesday he stayed open and sold firearms without raising any of the prices. From a business perspective he would've had every right to have raised his prices, but he chose not to out of principal. He is one of the good guys.

Steve

Last edited:
We will be open regular hours. From 8:30am to 5pm we have over 120 people coming to take their Mass Basic Firearms Safety Class tomorrow.

While most of our staff will be needed to get these new potential gun owners certified I believe a few of our guys will be there.

Steve

Not for me to tell you how to run your business but why not postpone and recommend your 120 customers head in to the rally and give them a rain check for another weekend? Even if 50% went to the rally that'd be a huge addition.

Do you really think the clueless gun owner who show up at Four Seasons tomorrow who saw an "at the rally" sign would divert to Boston instead of going home pissed off vowing never to return?

Last edited:
IF anyone is planning on taking the commuter rail from Lowell to the rally give your self some extra time because the Lowell line is only going to billerica and then a bus will pick you up and bring you into North Station. A culvert in billerica / wilmington is apparently being worked on and is causing problems for the lowell line

Are you sure about this ? I checked the schedule and it did not say this? Is this the sane line that goes through Wilmington ?
475584950ad8b6d495f48beeeeb85179.png

We all should remember that Carl at four seasons has done a tremendous amount for gun owners and gun rights in Massachusetts. Carl's ability to run a sound business has enabled him to put more guns in more people's hands than anyone else. He has done us all a great service.

On Wednesday he stayed open and sold firearms without raising any of the prices. From a business perspective he would've had every right to have raised his prices, but he chose not to out of principal. He is one of the good guys.

Steve

Send them to the rally and I am sure we can get people to split the cost of the 120 people taking ltc classes tomorrow. WE NEED THE NUMBERS!!

Not for me to tell you how to run your business but why not postpone and recommend your 120 customers head in to the rally and give them a rain check for another weekend? Even if 50% went to the rally that'd be a huge addition.

That's not a bad idea. But with rally being scheduled just a day or so ago it would've been nearly impossible to communicate with all those people.

I doubt that the average prospective gun license obtainer would go to the rally. Hell, people on this forum have lamented about current gun owners who won't go. The antis are playing the long, long game. 120 newly licensed individuals is a great thing.

Are you sure about this ? I checked the schedule and it did not say this? Is this the sane line that goes through Wilmington ?
475584950ad8b6d495f48beeeeb85179.png

Warwickben - I am positive I ride the Lowell line everyday to work and they made this announcement on the train the past two days. This applies to both Saturday and Sunday. They won't update that online schedule for this.

Last edited:
I doubt that the average prospective gun license obtainer would go to the rally. Hell, people on this forum have lamented about current gun owners who won't go. The antis are playing the long, long game. 120 newly licensed individuals is a great thing.

+1 - I'm certain that those 120 people will be well informed on what is going on and what measures they need to take in order to support the cause.

Seriously, wtf...

Actually, I'm not going to criticize whether or not a business owner decides to close shop for the rally. How can more guns sold be a bad thing?

I do have a problem with what seems to be a pattern of rude responses during a time that firearms customers should be expected to be a bit excited. The response dennism received is not the only of its type to be received by NESers and at least one of us was 'banned' from the shop for questioning if FS was going to just 'roll over'. I don't see any evidence to the contrary, while other shops close to attend or at least provide notice of the rally via website or email. Not a peep on the FS site about tomorrow's event.

Sending a contingent to the rally? Will they be standing with Queen Mauron? I keed, I keed...

edit- If FS sent out an email, then that's better than posting on their site. Snarky responses should tone down anyway...

Number 2 . [thinking]

Any luck this will be a short lived thread..... Nothing productive here.... Just crying.[crying]

Last edited:

All those people who feel Carl should close his shop are his customer base and their purchases provide his livelihood. He does need to consider their opinions if he wants to attract/retain their business.

I have known Carl for many years and probably have a greater connection to him than most reading this so I am not anti-Carl nor do I feel I am bashing 4S when I say they should close tomorrow and Carl himself should attend the Statehouse rally (disclaimer: I do not know if Carl is or isn't attending).

The firearms community has enabled Carl to have a lucrative business. He is one of the biggest FFLs in this state. It would be a fine show of solidarity for our community if Carl were to step up in this way.

Not only should Carl close and attend the rally but Carl's position as one of the Premier FFLs in the state allows him the unique ability to promote the Rally through his e-mail blasts, tweets, website hits and yes, a sign on his door tomorrow stating, "Closed for Freedom".

Steve

Staying open for another interview?

Harvard Sportsmen's Club sent a blast out but it got sent to spam along with Carl's....

Hmmm...

Bullshit. My Harvard blast came thru just fine. I saw it on my phone just before stepping into the shower at 645. Matter of fact I forwarded the email to a buddy in order for him to sign as he is not a member.

That's not a bad idea. But with rally being scheduled just a day or so ago it would've been nearly impossible to communicate with all those people.
Give 4 of us a call list and we can have it done in 30 minutes. Give rain checks to people who will go in and be flexible for those who wont be. This gets more people into Boston which is good for all of us.

I work in sales M-F and am at your disposal tomorrow morning to make it happen. I am dead serious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom