List of gun stores closing for the rally .

Not a store, but Mass Rifle in Woburn cancelled a planned match for tomorrow so that members could attend.

I bet you money Carl won't close....

Received an email from MFS as well.

Exact email
Rally for Mass Gun Rights this Saturday

The announcement by the Attorney General yesterday has devastating consequences for Massachusetts gun owners. While rifles were specifically targeted yesterday, if the AG's standards are applied to all firearms it could lead to a future ban on all semi-automatic handguns, rifles, and shotguns in the commonwealth.

Yesterday was about banning semi-automatic rifles and shotguns. If yesterday's actions stand, the day will be coming soon when all semi-automatic handguns will be banned in this state.

The Gun Owners Action League will be holding a rally at the front steps of the Mass State House this Saturday July 23, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Every one of you needs to attend this rally:
GOAL RALLY at Massachusetts State House - Front Steps
Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 10 a.m.

This Saturday, July 23, the Massachusetts Legislature will be in a rare weekend special session to handle other matters - plan to be at the State House at 10 a.m.

Make your voice heard - meet with your legislators and protest the anti-freedom actions of Attorney General Healey.

Also, please note. Contact your legislator TODAY and urge them to join us against the rogue actions of AG Healey.

Funny that they didn't mention that they were closing for Saturday... "Every one of you needs to attend this rally" What about you guys?

All gun clubs should be sending out emails to their members to be there tomorrow. I know Hopkinton sent out the alert last night and it sounds like MFS did the same. If you didn't get with them today to do so. I'm betting a good majority of gun owners are not even aware of the rally yet.

All gun clubs should be sending out emails to their members to be there tomorrow. I know Hopkinton sent out the alert last night and it sounds like MFS did the same. If you didn't get with them today to do so. I'm betting a good majority of gun owners are not even aware of the rally yet.

New Bedford Rod and Gun sent out an email.

Centralville Sportsman's in Dracut sent out an email.

Holbrook Sportsmans Club sent out an email to members.

Troy City Tactical in Fall River announced they will be closed AND all of them are attending the rally. They will be riding the train in with me, my wife and my son.

As much as FS and MFS should be attending the rally, keep in mind they have employees with families to keep on a payroll. A few extra of us show up we can more than fill in for their absence.

Also I consider selling guns to be a service to our cause, which they do EVERY day (except Sun and Mon of course).

- - - Updated - - -

They need to CLOSE, not keep open. He needs to not have gun owners the reason to go and spend money, but rather to go to state house tomorrow.

when you pay the rent then you get to decide when to close

------

Westwood Gun Club sent out an email. I expect the club turnout to be strong. If you see a crowd of curmudgeons with cigars that's WGC come say hi. :)

Weston Shooters Club has not sent one out. I emailed them this morning to remind them.

Last edited:
They should all post notices up, change their voicemail, and update their facebooks. They should also offer a 5% discount or something up to X price if proof of attendance (IE a selfie) is shown at checkout later this week. This is really for their own good too. Lets assume the 2500 number is right. Just yesterday these guys sold well over $1M in "assault rifles."

Mike

Cap Ann did as well

They should all post notices up, change their voicemail, and update their facebooks. They should also offer a 5% discount or something up to X price if proof of attendance (IE a selfie) is shown at checkout later this week. This is really for their own good too. Lets assume the 2500 number is right. Just yesterday these guys sold well over $1M in "assault rifles."

Mike

Unfortunately, nobody (except the AG), including the owners, are focused on Wednesdays sales, but rather the anemic sales moving forward.

Mike

This is a great idea... Oh, and shops don't need to be shamed into closing. What kind of bullshit canabalism is that? They are going to feel enough pain over the next weeks, months, or however long this POS "clarification" holds up.

FourSeasons sent me a snarky response to my (positive) suggestion they put it on their website and close down for the day... wtf?

I've bought several guns from Carl. He makes MORE than enough money to close for a day AND pay his staff. No, I don't have access to his books, but does anybody seriously think he's eating bologna? Anyway, he can close and support our rights, like (most) everybody else is, or not. HIS choice. I can shop there again, or not. MY choice. Actions matter. Words matter.

There are other shops facing the same dilemma, I have no doubt. I'm NOT singling him out, he's just the only one *I* have any sort of relationship with.

Back
Top Bottom